Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle tension,muscle twitches neck ache, leg weakness

Muscle tension,muscle twitches neck ache, leg weakness

Please help, is this normal for anxiety, muscle tension, muscle twitches, neck ache, legs feel weak

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

anyone?

Re: Muscle tension,muscle twitches neck ache, leg weakness

Yes, afraid so. Anxiety tends to come to a high peak, then slowly diminishes. Your Body and Mind are connected. They both have been over-worked and stressed for many years. This is also the bodies way of protecting you, although it doesn't feel like.
    Also, because you are so fearful of everything that is happening to you, we tend to do extra stuff to ourselves that makes it worse! We tense our shoulders; causing neck-ache which then causes head-aches. We grind our teeth or hold our jaw tight, which causes facial pain. We don't relax and breathe properly when we walk, which causes hyperventilation and dizziness and blurred sight. We don't sleep properly and eat properly and the list goes on.
    The Muscle twitches will die down, many, many people suffer with this and it can be very frightening and annoying. You have no control, but they normally only last a few seconds; although it feels a lot longer. They will get less and less until they disappear. You may also feel a tenderness in certain areas and sharp pains occasionally, this is all bog standard Anxiety.
    During this period, get plenty of rest, eat regularly and healthy, gentle exercise, fresh air and try to take up some hobbies to keep your Mind off of the Anxiety.

thanks Carnation really appreciate it

Yes, I agree with Carnation on the twitches. Mine went as I became less anxious in general.

I still get the occassional one here & there and its usually when I'm more anxious but it doesn't bother me anymore.

They used to be more animated at my worst stages!

Oh my goodness I should have read your post before I posted my rant! lol I get the exact same things: Muscle tightness, twitches and all that fun stuff. I genuinely thought something was wrong with me! Thank you for posting this and thank you Carnation for that great response.

I feel this way all the time, especially when anxious. It's amazing what anxiety can do to us.

I had these same symptoms about 4 years ago. It took me quite some time to realize that it was all just anxiety. I still have the twitching but it comes and goes based on my anxiety level.

Yeah, the mind is such a powerful thing. It's a vicious cycle too, you worry about something and then it has a physical effect on you and then you worry about the physical effect and so on and so forth. We have to learn to break that cycle but it's easier said than done :(

Hi,

I am experiencing twitching as well, I am very worried that it might be something more than anxiety, but it is nice to see fellow twitchers on here!
    also three doctors told me that this is likely related to anxiety

I also experience weak and achy feeling in wrists, legs, arms.

Why must anxiety cause us such scary symptoms... what a mean condition it is ! haha

Good luck to you, DON'T GOOGLE ! Just stay on here!

We will get through this!
    xx

Best,

Lilly

Sound like my twin haha I'm having all the above symtoms wide spread muscle twitches though even when I smile pain in wrist and fingers and toes and legs for me weakness in arm and leg ect ahh shows it could be possible 90% sure anxiety xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information