Thread: Cipralex 15mg - Day 12 and counting ..... is it worth it?

Cipralex 15mg - Day 12 and counting ..... is it worth it?

Hi All

I am new to this forum and have been put on Cipralex for GAD and MDD, I was first started on 5mg Cipralex, then 4 days later upped to 10mg, 12 days ago upped to 15mg.

I have never been on any kind of chronic medication before, so this is all quite new to me, I have read a little about the side effects, but would like to find out from those also using Cipralex how long do the last for and what experiences you had? I'm very nervous about being on medication and am really tired and feel drowsy, wake up nauseous, some gastro problems and appetite decreased.

I feel like I really need some assurance that this is all worth it, I have also started to ween myself off a sleeping tablet that was given to me initially, but had trouble last night sleeping without it.

Any advice and words of wisdom would be really helpful at this stage,

Re: Cipralex 15mg - Day 12 and counting ..... is it worth it?

I hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Hang in there Escitalopram has been the best thing that I have ever tried after a 20 year history of GAD. Do you really need to come off of the night sedation at the same time as SRRI are hard enough to cope with initially. Speak to your doctor but don't give up.

Hang on in there! It took about 6 weeks for the Cipralex side effects to subside and for it to really start working for me, and the insomnia was the last thing to go. I've now been on it for 3 months and am starting to feel like the old me again. The first few weeks are really hard, but be kind to yourself and take it easy. Rest when you can, make sure you are drinking plenty of water and don't ask too much of yourself right now. You will get there - I was really impatient to start feeling better but it takes time and you WILL get there :-)

New poster here. I started on Cipralex 9 days ago and has it been rough! Initial dose of 5 mg x 7 days then increased to 10 mg. I feel awful! The anxiety is really bad. No appetite. Nausea. Diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinghamshirelady View Post
    I hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Hang in there Escitalopram has been the best thing that I have ever tried after a 20 year history of GAD. Do you really need to come off of the night sedation at the same time as SRRI are hard enough to cope with initially. Speak to your doctor but don't give up.
    Hi Buckinghamshirelady,

I was on 5mg for 1 week and now 10mg for 5 weeks so a total of 6 weeks so far and not feeling much better.

Do you think I should give it more time ?

sookt

Thread Information