Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HPV oral Cancer

HPV oral Cancer

Hi all.

I contracted geniral warts from a previous relationship over 10 years ago. I only had 2 small warts and left them - I still have them now.

My current partner who I'm now with, had an abnormal smear teat not long after we were together and had to have a colposcopy - which she doesn't remember much about or is hesitant to talk about it.

Over the past nine years or so, her smears have all been normal.

My questions are now I have HA , I'm concerned that I have passed the virus to her hence her abnormal snear and I have infected my mouth with a high risk strain due to oral sex

My mouth woes are a main concern - is it possible ? And if so how would it present in the mouth ?

Thanks

Re: HPV oral Cancer

Well it is possible as oral cancer can be caused by Hpv virus however it is very rare. In most cases body washes off the virus itself in 2 years. In very rare cases high strain hpv stays in the body causes precancerous cells which may turn to cancerous cells but like I said, extremely rare and it takes many many years for this to happen. Don't examine your mouth and try to find cancer, you won't be able to, you might not even got the virus. As far as I know, there is no smear test for mouth. Stay away from alcohol, don't smoke and maintain a good oral hygiene. And don't google.

Thanks for your reply

Am I right in saying that if my partners last 3 smears have been normal the she doesn't have a high risk strain ?

Well what I didn't understand is when did she have an abnormal smear, is it recent? If her last smear is normal it means she no longer has hpv. High risk hpv strains don't cause genital warts.

Her abnormal snear was about. 8 years ago. All
    Smears since have been normal. I'm
    Sure I've read though that you can have a normal smear and have high risk hpv.

Surely after 9 years, if she dd have hpv it would have caused cell changes or could she have built up immunity to it herself but could still hold the virus and pass it on to my mouth ?

How old is she? They test for hpv in women older than 30 now. Yes you're right in 9 years there would be some cell changes. I don't think that's possible now her smears are normal. I don't think you have anything to worry about One abnormal smears years ago is nothing

She is 37 her last snear was 2 years ago. Would they test for HPV though if your test was normal ? Also I keep maybe imaging warts in my mouth and any cur or sore whether it be from trauma, I freak out - am I being over dramatic with all this and is it the beasty HA kicking in ?

Well thwy automatically test for hpv regardless of smear result once you reach 30. Warts mean low risk hpv it has nothing to do with cancer.

Thanks again
    My concern is that a I might have infects her with more than one strain. I know the genital war strain doesn't cause cancer but other stains do. She has never mentioned that she has warts but why was her smear all them years ago abnormal. Could she stil fave the high risk strain but it not show on her smear and therefore pass it on to my mouth ?

I'm really concerned about this as I keep in feeling the odd bump here and there in my mouth. I had dentists look in my mouth and say all is fine but I can't seem to shake this fear

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 ----------

Anyone ? I have 2 pink lumps behind my top teeth on the gum - dentist have said theyre nothing to worry about but I'm thinking they could be warts

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Really could do with some more advice please

Quote Originally Posted by J4the96 View Post
    Really could do with some more advice please
    Thing is J, many, including myself have given advice and reassurance and you just gloss over it as if nothing was said, ask the same question again or move onto something else

I had oral cancer HPV+. In a woman, they can identify a high risk situation. There is no way to do that in a man. Oral cancer doesn't typically present the way you describe.

Rather than continuing to chase a diagnosis, it would be in your best interest to treat the illness you do have.

Good luck to you and positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information