Thread: Are multiple palpitations in a row normal?

Are multiple palpitations in a row normal?

Whenever I get palpitations, it is never a single thud or missed beat. It is always about 5-10 in a row and it scares the hell out of me every time it happens.

I've had a 24 hour holter monitor and they said they only spotted PVCs.

Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this???

Re: Are multiple palpitations in a row normal?

It's normal for many people. Once or twice a day I get a sudden feeling of my heart jumping around and doing cartwheels for about one to two seconds. In that range it's normal.

If it is much more frequent than that, or lasts a lot longer, you should continue to seek medical help.

Re: Are multiple palpitations in a row normal?

Hi jasxo, in my experience of these palps ive had them running every 4 or 5 beats for days on end in the past, sometimes even for a few weeks before they settle down again, and sometimes they show up on the monitors and sometimes they don't but the cardiologists have always told me they are benign. They can scare the bejeezus out of those of us who get them but as long as you've had the tests and been told not to worry about them, try to learn to live with them. Everybody gets them but not everybody can feel them and nobody really knows why some of us feel them strongly whilst others aren't aware of them at all...like my husband. If he takes his BP the skipped beats will sometimes show up on the machine but he cannot feel them happening at all. On the other hand, my own GP feels them loads like me and he takes beta blockers to ease them as do I, and it really helps because this med slows the adrenaline down which can sometimes trigger them. Other triggers can be eating or drinking anything that irritates your stomach as this can cause palps via the vagus nerve.

ISB x

Ive lived with these palps for almost 40 years, they've come and gone over that time...sometimes left me for a few years before starting up again.

Thread Information