Thread: Have had gas/gurgling/bloating every day for 3 weeks

Have had gas/gurgling/bloating every day for 3 weeks

I've posted about this before but it seems very few if any people could relate to my story.

3 weeks ago I awoke with painful trapped gas that passed in the evening. Since then, every day I wake full of gas, my stomach gurgling throughout the day, often with soft stool. Sometimes I've had brief little cramps here and there but usually not.

But I have not had a single day without feeling like I'm being inflated inside, gas bubbles gurgling all over.

It's causing me a lot of anxiety.

Re: Have had gas/gurgling/bloating every day for 3 weeks

I have had something similar and went to GP who said it was gastro reflux. Was advised not to eat anything after 7pm and to eat plenty of fruit and fibre. That all seemed to work as I only get it occasionally now.
    I would suggest you go and see your GP and get it checked out with them. If it is reflux they can give you tablets for it.

Had something similar (but for years...) and in my case it was grains and starches. If you want to you should try a paleo diet for a few days or a week, just to see if that takes care of your problem. If it does, then you only have to slowly figure out what you can and cannot do.

Yep, I have a very gurgly belly... Mine calmed down a lot by trying the low-FODMAP diet, but have more or less given up on that now. Just cut down on the things that seem to make it worse, although not cut them out completely... Like the others said, you need to do a bit of experimentation with your diet probably - although IBS caused through anxiety can make gas worse - so try and de-stress a bit too.

Thread Information