Thread: Mid cycle bleeding

Mid cycle bleeding

I'm on day 14 of my cycle so technically I'm ovulating and I know I am because I've had quite a bit of cervical mucous - too much information I know.
    But today I've had bleeding every time I wipe and it's bright red too...not just pinkish like I've had before during ovulation.
    I'm worried there's something badly wrong. I've never been for a smear test - I turned 25 last June and was sent my letter but haven't been able to pluck up the courage to go since then.

I'm now panicking its cervical cancer or something awful.

I've been feeling very hormonal lately, abit tearful and dizzy. Also very tired.
    I've recently moved in with my boyfriend and we have been having a lot of sex - all protected (we use condoms every time) but could this be the reason? It seems unlikely.

I hope someone can give me some advice or reassurance.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Mid cycle bleeding

Anyone? :( I'm freaking out here. There are little tiny dark red spots mixed in with discharge and last time I wiped there were loads.

- Emily Brontė

Hi, please try not to panic, I've had all types of mid cycle bleeding which I was told was ovulation bleeding. However I must stress it is so important that you book your smear!! Not because of this bleeding but because it is so important. It really isn't as bad as people think, it takes a few minutes max and you can cover up your private area. X

Quote Originally Posted by mary3 View Post
    Hi, please try not to panic, I've had all types of mid cycle bleeding which I was told was ovulation bleeding. However I must stress it is so important that you book your smear!! Not because of this bleeding but because it is so important. It really isn't as bad as people think, it takes a few minutes max and you can cover up your private area. X
    I will book it up. But I'm also so worried they will find something wrong :( what if there are abnormal cells?
    I wiped myself just now and there was blood on the toilet paper, this is day three now :( so I'm basically having a mini period half way through the month.

- Emily Brontė

Are you on the pill? This can cause this problem. Just to reassure you, I had severe cell changes at 29, had the treatment and been clear ever since, I am now 34! I didn't have any symptoms at all, it just came up in a smear. I suffer from awful health anxiety at times but the whole process of what I went through was straight forward. I also have an ectroprian which is an area on my cervix that where the the inside cells of the cervix have grown on the outside of the cervix, these are more delicate than the outside cells and cause bleeding after sex, increase discharge and also cause mid cycle bleeding. ectropians are apparently common in young women, especially those on the pill. Anyway I'm not a dr and that's the only place that will be able to reassure you properly. Please get your smear done but in the mean time try not to worry xxx

Still bleeding today, it's worse today than it has been so far.

So my last period was 14 days ago...is it possible I could be having another period 2 weeks after the first?
    I've never had anything like this in the 14 years of having periods...even when I was on the pill. (I came off it in November).

I have cramps (like a period), IBS flare up (like a period) and a lot of breast tenderness (like a period!).

Should I book an appointment with my GP tomorrow? Or should I give it another month and see what happens? It's very, very unusual for me! x

- Emily Brontė

Hi sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Hope you are ok? Did you go to the dr or decide to wait? X

Thread Information