Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WALKING

WALKING

Just thought I'd drop by to say that I went for a walk on the beach yesterday and cant believe the difference it has made, rather that being stuck inside my own head, my thoughts cleared, the difference is amazing.

I know it isnt possible for everyone, but anywhere open, away from buildings etc would work the same I'm sure......... go on give it a try!!

Love Pinky

Hi Pinky,

I couldn't agree with you more going for a walk really helps me the fresh air really relaxes me i love it. Although it can be hard to go for a walk if you dont feel like doing something even round the block helps. I'm addicted to fresh air lol thats why i love the winter im dreading the summer though get very anxious in the heat.

Sarah x

Hi Pinky!
    Glad you enjoyed your walk and you're so right, nothing like a brisk walk on the beach to clear your head. I'm very fortunate to live on the coast and a very short drive away from the moor where there are some amazing walks around here. I can smell the sea and the crisp country air right now!!

I have always loved walking, and still do, but don't get much opportunity to nowadays [V]. I mean the serious 'walk for a couple of hours and see where you end up' walking!! The more rugged the better for me!!

Never mind. Granny has enjoyed sharing yours with you!

Thank you!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

How lovely that you took a walk on the beach! I dream of being on a remote beach in the west of Ireland from to time (I love the film Ryan's Daughter).

Whilst I do get tense by taking short country walks, I recognise their value and still hope to crack that feeling with practice and acclimatisation.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I have to agree that walking really does work! Its fresh air, exercise, distraction, maybe greeting people along the way...all v positive!

And Ray...I recommend Enniscrone on the West Coast of Ireland :-) tis beautiful.

Kerry x

"Why do lovers, choose others,
    we circle entwine one another,
    in that mask that we wear with each other.
    Oh my God how I looked in the mirror,
    I looked at a hollow picture,
    it was something I could frame"

Walking is great and for those that feel up to it, running is too! When I first took anxiety/depression I started running 30 secs walking 30 secs (On a quiet walkway I hasten to add!) then built it up to 1min and 1min. kept on upping it on a weekly basis and now I am at 25 max (by which time I am knackered but high on endorphins!) on saying that I haven't been out for 3 weeks but plan to start again on weds!
    Happyone
    x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

I find that the only way I can escape my Anxiety /panic attacks is to go Hill walking . My wife and I go every Saturday. We usually Head up to the Brecon Beacons in mid wales . It is Soooooo Beautiful . We are slowly buying all the waking gear known to man lol .
    When I walk I am only ever thinking about where I am and how beautiful the scenery is . All other things kinda melt away just for those few hours .

Spot on Pinky

When I was at my worst, I would get the kids and go for a walk around the country park. I always felt better when I got home.

Mind you, my Gran loved walking. She used to walk 5 miles everyday for years, and now we don't have a clue where she is

Jaco!!! Thanks so much, I had a good giggle at that one

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

Re: WALKING

yes i agree i just started back to walking today i was making myself mental in the house,while my work is at slow pace right now i dont get out much and the more i stay in the worse i feel,so defenetly i walk on the beach is my fav...now with the weather warm and if ya cant get out and when i cant get out on a rainy day ect i use a dvd walking away the pounds i call it walk away this stress.......it works,best to yas......linda xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information