Thread: genital herpes or friction burns?? feeling suicidal

Exclamation genital herpes or friction burns?? feeling suicidal

Hi,
    Really hope someone can help me i'm reaching my breaking point. Last weekend me and my male friend had a moment of madness and had unprotected sex (stupid i know). During the sex it got quite painful, it kinda felt like i was drying up and the pain was being caused by friction. It wasn't rigorus sex that lasted long and he was probably average sized maybe a bit smaller and was having problems getting a full erection.

Its been 3 days now and i still have burning and stinging sensation at the entrance to my vagina and when I pee. I can't see any lesions, blisters etc. My hypochondria has kicked in and now i've convinced myself that i could possibly have genital herpes inside me and never have known that i had it and that sex at the weekend occurred the same time as a herpes breakout. I'm also feeling scared that if this is the case then my friend would be infected and i have ruined his life.

What i want to know is it possible for friction burns to last more than 3 days?? Could I have herpes?? I can't get an appointment with my gp or the GUM clinic for over a week i'm just hoping for advice or to hear from someone with possibly similar problem. PLEASE HELP

Re: genital herpes or friction burns?? feeling suicidal

I can't say I've had genital herpes before but I've had 'friction' burn and by heck it hurt for like a week! Remember you are SOOO sensitive down there. For your own protection I would go to the GUM clinic anyway but I think it's been a bit too rigorous and yeah its hurt!! X

Thank you for the reply. I def need to be checked out im just afraid of this being herpes and clearing up before i get to the GUM clinic and then i'll not get a an answer :(. Just a question about the friction burn was yours right at the entrance and around the hole?? Also when i wipe there are a few dots of blood but i cant find any wounds.

HSV2 wouldn't typically present that way immediately. If you're concerned, you can be tested specifically for both HSV 1 and 2.

Now... the feelings you're having in your thread title? Over herpes? Anyone who's ever had a cold sore has herpes. You can get type 1 (the virus that causes cold sores) both orally and genitally, but you very rarely can get type 2 (genital) orally. Neither, while a bit inconvenient, are sinister and it's conservatively estimated that 1/3 of the world population has it and it's probably closer to half if you take into consideration all those that have it and never were symptomatic.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have it in my head that I already had genital herpes outbreak and not know but the having sex may have busted the sores and thats why i'm feeling pain.Is that possible??

Quote Originally Posted by weeboots22 View Post
    I have it in my head that I already had genital herpes outbreak and not know but the having sex may have busted the sores and thats why i'm feeling pain.Is that possible??
    Like I said, a doctor can do specific blood work that would detect both types.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm waiting for an appointment with my Dr was just looking some advice if it could be herpes or an injury from drying up.

I have genital herpes. On my first outbreak I was sore for about a week before the blisters came out. It's like a red raw pain that it hurts to even sit. You walk like an old woman who has just had hip surgery. You need to use a shower on your genital area just to urine. The first outbreak is by far the worst. If it's not as bad as this it ain't herpes. I hope it's not as herpes sucks x

Thread Information