Thread: Is this derealisation?

Is this derealisation?

I have had this for 22 years, but sometimes it is lighter and sometimes it is heavier. It is like there is a fog in my vision. It is like mist passing over my vision and the world looks surreal. It used to be light enough that I could zone it out, but the last two years it has been really heavy. It is ike I am wearing the wrong prescription glasses. My eye tests have been fine.
    Last edited by Sally4x; 25-02-15 at 22:48.

Re: Is this derealisation?

sounds like it to me.i think everything looks unreal or flat,like 2d...you feel disconected from your suroundings and everything feels unfamilier,false in your face..when i get this i also seem to hear every sound realy loud and feels like its all close up and like im a fly on the wall looking out over my own shoulders..also feels like im awake in a weird dream and nothing looks normal

Re: Is this derealisation?

Sounds like it. With me I have like a mental fog as if I'm not there or can't believe what's happening as if it were a dream. Sometimes I will have this feeling for several hours but I sometimes stops if I engage in an interesting enjoyable activity. Sadly there arn't always enjoyable activities to distract me from these horrible feelings.

When it causes a panic attack the sensation gets worse. My hearing becomes muted as if I was blocking my ears with my fingers. I feel clammy and detached, I start gulping down air, I get tunnel vision. I am convinced at this stage that I will faint or loose control, that I may loose my memory become confused and unable to get home or to safety and of course with these thoughts the symptoms get worse and so on. It can work up in milliseconds or over a few moments. It only disappears if I get to a safe place or on the road to a safe place.

Thread Information