Thread: Hugs needed - people being selfish :-(

Hugs needed - people being selfish :-(

Sometimes I just feel like I'm going through all of this anxiety malarkey on my own. I try to help out my friends and family out with their problems as much as I can but when I need them they're nowhere to be found, they never return the favour. I just messaged a good friend of mine and he didn't respond. So I asked him was he mad at me or was something bothering him? He responded with no, he just didn't want to talk. I didn't respond to him so I could give him some space and then right after I see him talking to other people. I know I did absolutely nothing wrong on him because we were talking fine the other day. I'm so confused right now. Yesterday and today have just been crap for me, I don't know whether I want to cry until I can't cry anymore or just punch someone lol I'm tired of this nonsense with people, my eyes feel puffy from crying so much last night and earlier.

Sorry for boring you, folks. Just needed to get that out there cos I have nobody else to talk to Virtual hugs will be greatly appreciated

Re: Hugs needed - people being selfish :-(

I know how you feel. Been there myself.

I have a few friends who make time for me when I'm doing fine, then soon as I have a problem they back off and don't talk to me any more. They can't take your problems - that doesn't mean they don't care necessarily, it might mean they don't know how to deal with problems in general. I have friends that don't know how to be good friends. The more I want them to be better friends... the more they'll back off.

I found that when I expect nothing from these sort of friends, we can have small pleasant interactions, and I know to not rely on them for anything. Our friendship is not that deep, and that's ok.

In the past they haven't responded to messages from me that aren't even about problems... they just know that I'm going through a rough time, so they don't talk to me.

I can't know what's happened with you exactly... I hope that my experiences might be insightful for you though? It's really common that friends don't measure up to expectations.

Over time I found that there are a few friends who actually want to be there for me when times are hard, and I make sure to have a nice time with them as much as possible, so they don't feel like I'm all doom and gloom. I make an effort to be generous back to them as much as possible too.
    Last edited by lior; 21-02-15 at 19:04.

This happens to me to. Sending everyone hugs

Wow thanks for the replies guys! Good to know that there are nice people on here who go through the same stuff aswell

IBS-D, Bile Salt Diarrhea, GAD, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, COPD, Sinus tachycardia and the list goes on...

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.

Pope John XXIII

Thread Information