Hello people
Wondering if people have any views or ideas with regards to the venlafaxine. i had a horrible start to the new year when we learnt that my brother had terminal cancer and then my partner decided to leave me on the 10th january. i dont know if i made a mistake in going to the docs too early and being put on venlafaxine straightt away as i had a serious bout of depression that lasted from 2007 to 2012.
i was initially on 37.5mg tablets twice a day but had to change them a week later for the slow release formula as i couldnt tolerate the tablets. I was on the 75mg x1 a day but was still quite anxious and so the doctor increased the dosage to 150mg x 1 a day. During the whole of this period i havent been sleeping very well probably one or two hours per night. i explained this to the doc after being on the bigger dose for six days and he said to come back to 75mg. i have been back on the 75 mg for 3 days. My sleep has improved slightly to about 3 1/2hrs but noiw geeting the hot sweats twice a night. when i get out of bed in the morning i feel quite relaxed and then after taking the tablet i start to feel sick and my hands start trembling. by the afternoon these have usually subsided.
has anyone experienced the same sort of reactions? i have an appointment with the doc on tues and i am considering asking him if i can come off the ven....slowly. Any thoughts ideas appreciated