Thread: Mirtazapine instant anxiety relief but instant anger

Mirtazapine instant anxiety relief but instant anger

hi been taking mirtazapine now for 72 hours last night I never sat there rubbing my head or getting up and out of the sofa constantly I actually watched the Liverpool game this is a POSITIVE RESULT!!!! diminished anxiety and OCD

however the slightest thing is making me rage

just wondering is this normal and will it pass if others have experienced this I will continue the meds

Re: Mirtazapine instant anxiety relief but instant anger

Some people have reported excitability and reduced mood control. It's most likely a temporary thing.

What dose did you start on? It's possible to go down to 7.5 mg or 15 mg a day and build up. At that level it is more likely to have a sedative only effect. Best of luck.

just started on 15mg its totally diminished 90% of anxiety tbf

Hopefully it will keep working for your anxiety and you will start to get control of your mood back. Good luck.

90% of diminished anxiety is great! I would take that. I feel angry on this med too. I am pleased to see that I am not alone in this.

30mg mirtazapine and anxiety still creeps in but definite improvement! but was having panic attacks on 15mg but maybe I didn't give it enough chance to kick in ? Was only on 15mg for two weeks before I went up the 30mg? Fully sedated and flat on 30mg but much rather sedated then panic attacks...

How awesome is this site to be able to chat with other people in the same boat? I never knew there was so many of us out there! It's very comforting! And can't believe no one at the hospital had told me about this, I had to wait a month of Google searching symptoms before I finally came across this awesome site! I think we need to spread the news to our gp's and therapist and doctors so we can all help more people to beat the panic!

Plus one to this being a great site, and a virtual hug to Nicola for setting it up and keeping it running (and a donation is also helpful - reminder to myself).

Thread Information