Hi everyone,

I'm not especially worried about this but would feel relieved if others have had it too.

I have a rash of sorts that I noticed a few days ago... It looks almost as if there's splinters under the skin, but they're bright red instead of being brown (like real splinters). These are the biggest spots; the smallest look like tiny pinpricks under the skin, but, as I said, they're mostly bright/cherry red. Some fade when pressed down, but not all of them do.

I visited the doctor and she said they look like "random spots" and are blood vessels but didn't explain what exactly has happened to them to make them look like this? They're not clustered in any way, more like random small dots on my arm. They're not itchy or raised.

The only thing that really concerns me is that the rash has been spreading and there's more everyday. However, I had my bloodwork done a few weeks ago as part of my yearly checkup and everything was normal (and she said most of the illnesses that would cause some kind of blood vessel damage would show up on a blood test).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Like I said, I wouldn't be bothered at all if it wasn't spreading. I feel fine otherwise, not sick or ill in any way.

So yeah, if anyone else has experienced this, please let me know! I'm guessing maybe it's burst capillaries or something due to higher levels of stress than normal as I first noticed them when I was really anxious. Or maybe it's the weather, as it's summer in Australia right now and generally pretty hot.

Thanks