Thread: Gradual increase,

Gradual increase,

Hi, This forum has been a fantastic help for me over the last 2 months so I would like to say a big thanks to everyone who posts on here, the help and advice is nothing short of lifesaving sometimes,
    My question is i have been on 20mg of cit for 8 weeks now with the last 6 weeks on 25 (i broke a ten in half to acheave the extra 5) after the usual nightmare adjusment period i seemed to be doing great the last 3 weeks but this week i have hit a blip, quite managable but still not great,
    going to give it until sunday to see if it settles but wondering if its worth going up to 27&a half for a few weeks or just take the plunge at 30?
    I know its not ideal to be splitting pills up but i really want to find the stable dose that suits me,
    Any advice welcome and thanks again,

Re: Gradual increase,

Hi Toby! I have been on Citalopram for about 2 years now, and I am very sensitive to dosing with any med. I started low at 10, then took 20, and finally capped at 30, so I split my 20s as well. My doctor has no problem with my splitting them. It works just fine with my system, and that's what you need to go by, what works for you. I would run it by your doctor though. I just let mine know that I want to increase it a little just so he/she has record of it in your chart.

Thread Information