Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: starting sertraline help please!!

Re: starting sertraline help please!!

how long you been on it ?,you need to give it at least 3-6 weeks to kick in and settle down
    25mg is a low dose I doubt its really doing much at all.Your coming off one med and going on another that will definitley unsettle you for a while so hang in there

I'm on day 2 on Sertraline I to have been feeling really nausea, felt terrible today.
    In general how long do the start up side effects last? Thanks

Ive been on 25mg for 2 weeks, nearly didnt take it today but spoke to the dr today who told me to persevere on. Getting real bad stomach problems still though but as you say it could also be wothdrawal from the mirtazapine as i only stopped it 5 days ago. I wish all these horrible feelings would go away, i just want to feel better.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spawn View Post
    I'm on day 2 on Sertraline I to have been feeling really nausea, felt terrible today.
    I cant tell you sorry as im 2 weeks in and still feeling rough, everyone is different though!

The nausea comes and goes with me though now though, it was constant for the first few days. I also get weak legs and slight dizzyness but im hardly eating at the mo which isnt helping.

Quote Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    well i'm not sure i can carry on taking the sertraline, i feel so nauseous all the time. im not sleeping and i seem to get waves of severe panic and hot/cold sweats as the afternoon goes on.

Really not sure i can cope much longer, im only on 25mg so theres no way i can up to 50mg like the dr wants me to.
    Hi, just wondered how you are getting on now? I just wanted to reassure you that this phase does honestly pass. Just try and take each day as it comes and before u know it, you'll be feeling less and less anxious. I too have a major fear re not sleeping. I def find anti depressants make me way more tired and I fall asleep almost instantly (which is what I need as my mind talks too much). If I were u I would take the sleeping tabs for 3-4 nights whilst u are getting used to the sertraline and then u will remove the anxiety sleep part and feel more at ease. I have used sleeping tablets 3 or 4 different occasions, just for 3-4 nights and this has always helped during a heightened anxiety period.

Give the sertraline a chance to work and I am sure u will find its worth it :-)

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    well i'm not sure i can carry on taking the sertraline, i feel so nauseous all the time. im not sleeping and i seem to get waves of severe panic and hot/cold sweats as the afternoon goes on.

Really not sure i can cope much longer, im only on 25mg so theres no way i can up to 50mg like the dr wants me to.
    Hi, just wondered how you are getting on now? I just wanted to reassure you that this phase does honestly pass. Just try and take each day as it comes and before u know it, you'll be feeling less and less anxious. I too have a major fear re not sleeping. I def find anti depressants make me way more tired and I fall asleep almost instantly (which is what I need as my mind talks too much). If I were u I would take the sleeping tabs for 3-4 nights whilst u are getting used to the sertraline and then u will remove the anxiety sleep part and feel more at ease. I have used sleeping tablets 3 or 4 different occasions, just for 3-4 nights and this has always helped during a heightened anxiety period.

Give the sertraline a chance to work and I am sure u will find its worth it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zo100704 View Post

Give the sertraline a chance to work and I am sure u will find its worth it :-)[COLOR="blue
    Well im still on 25mg and still getting a bad belly as the day goes on, not sure if its my anxiety causing it or the sertraline or maybe even withdrawal of the mirtazapine. Its not nice though whatever is causing it. Also have no appetite whatsoever!!

the sleep thing is wierd because i can fall asleep fine its just i wake in 2 hrs wide awake, to be honest im not even that tired in the day even with such lack of sleep.

Im going to try my best to go up to 50mg tomorrow. I hope things get better soon!!

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spawn View Post

How are you getting on spawn? What dose have you started on?

Quote Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    How are you getting on spawn? What dose have you started on?
    Day 5 now.. Side effects are getting less each day, mornings are worse.
    Really hard trying to eat, but it does help when I can get food in me.
    I've had one Anxious day also. Fingers cross it will continue in this direction!
    I'm on 50mg daily taken at 8am.

Well i upped to 37.5mg yesterday. Still low but i have to take it slow as i seem to be sensitive to these meds! Had a real bad stomach yesterday afternoon but once the evening.came the stomach ache went and my appetite came back for the first time in weeks.
    Also in the evening i had wierd sweats then total calm and almost excitement. It felt wierd but good, trouble is i was too hyped up to get to sleep!!
    Anxious again this morning tho :-( and my hands and feet are sweating like mad!

How you getting on wareing?
    Day 7 for me today, and I managed a full day at work.
    Feeling an improvement all round.

Not good here, feeling awful. Hope it gets better soon.

Yeh I'm not to great today either :(

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information