Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: starting sertraline help please!!

Re: starting sertraline help please!!

Sucks doesnt it, if only there was a magic pill that made things better!!!

The worse thing at the moment is that im barely sleeping and barely eating which is making things 10 times worse.

I'm sleeping ok, eating is hard.

My eating is getting a bit better, the anxiety is through the roof now though.

I can normally get to sleep ok but i will always wake up after 2 hrs, it could be withdrawals from the mirtazapine i was on causing this tho.

When i was on the mirtazapine i could sleep every night but felt like shit in the day and still had bad anxiety. I miss the sleeping part of the mirt tho!

i wish these tablets would kick in soon!

It doesnt help that im off work (and have been for a while now) so im trying to keep busy but its so hard when you feel this way, ive been trying to go for walks which seems to help a bit.

Oh and ive been living off toast/rice/pasta for the last 2 weeks, not good!

How ya going now wareing77? I've Been following post .... I started on Zoloft 12.5 for 1 week then the last week and a half have been on 25 mg. been to 2 docs and 1 wants me to stay on 25 and the other wants to up it to 50.... A little confused.??? Anyways I'm not great, high anxiety but do get little glimpses of light. ( relief) hope you are doing ok...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsondog View Post
    How ya going now wareing77? I've Been following post .... I started on Zoloft 12.5 for 1 week then the last week and a half have been on 25 mg. been to 2 docs and 1 wants me to stay on 25 and the other wants to up it to 50.... A little confused.??? Anyways I'm not great, high anxiety but do get little glimpses of light. ( relief) hope you are doing ok...?
    Hi, i'm still on 37.5 and have been for 8 days i think, my anxiety is ok. Still not great though, and i still have this wierd panic feeling all the time and have become quite aggraphobic but hoping that will get better in time. My doc wants me on 50mg but im taking it slowly.

The nausea has pretty much gone but i still get the shakes and sweats and im still not sleeping very well at all.

I had a good day yesterday but then went to bed aand started to panic for some reason and couldnt sleep grr!

I think i stayed on 25mg for 2 weeks untill i stopped having side effects then upped by 12.5mg. the anxiety increased straight away but that could have just been the thought of upping the dose scared me! Will probably do 2 weeks then up to 50mg like my dr wants me to.

I'm on day 13 of 50mg, the last 3 days have been a lot better. I'm defiantly going in the right direction I think? Not feeling 100% but least the nausea has stopped!
    Currently taking 2mg of diazepam when I wake up aswell as finding mornings the worst.
    My negative thoughts are getting less and I've also got my first session of counselling in the morning (private). Got to think positive and kick this anxiety to one side!

You sound as if you are doing well spawn. I still havent gone up to 50mg yet, thik i will today though. I have some diazepam but too affraid to take it too often as i dont want to get addicted.
    I'm quite agrophobic at the mo tho i did manage a spin in the car for a few miles yesterday.
    Late afternoon/early evening is the worset for me but i settle by bed time, still not sleeping tho :-(
    I have online counciling next week too.

Everyone sounds like they are doing ok, which is more than likely better than when we started. I had a really good day yesterday and not so great today but I'm really trying not to think about it and let it do it's job. I'm pretty sure it will work for us all. Give it time, go have some fun and forget about how we are feeling. Let's live life instead of letting this get a hold of us)) it will work. Early days))

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

I don't think you'll get addicted wareing77. Once the Zoloft kicks in you won't need it anymore. Ask your doc again but that's what it is for. Don't suffer for no reason.

Well I've just woke up on day 17, soon as I open my eyes I get palpatitions , shakes and anxiety? My stomach feels like a washing machine? This is doing my head in? I have read that some people get a increased anxiety when starting? Ruins my day before its started as I go into panic mode and make myself more anxious! Will this stage pass?
    I'm also taking diazepam which helps alittle.
    Last edited by spawn; 20-03-15 at 08:02.

Well im only on day 4 of 50mg and im not doin too great either. Im still only sleeping a couple of hours a night and hardly eating!
    I hope it gets better, my stomach still isnt too good either.
    It should really be getting better for u by now but it does say it can take up to 4 weeks or longer. I still get the shakes too, its horrible and feel so weak.
    I hope it gets better for u mate!

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Well i just took a small dose of diazepam and manage to get to town (only 5 miles) to the supermarket. Really anxious and felt sick but made it and its quite a big deal for me as ive become agraphobic since starting on this med! Trying not to use the diazepam but if it gets me out the house then its worth it i suppose!!

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information