Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: starting sertraline help please!!

Re: starting sertraline help please!!

Today went really well, all day without too much anxiety, welcomed back by many colleagues which was lovely.
    I must share!.............
    Had my best morning, I started it without my morning coffee, that got me thinking, so did some reading,there is a prominent link between caffeine and anxiety! I don't drink loads 3-4 cups a day, but today only one cup, had a heavy thick head (most likely due to lack of caffeine), but from what I have read today I will definitely be cutting my intake down to no more than 1-2 cups a day!
    If you do drink tea,coffee or other caffeinated drinks then I suggest you read into it. They can contribute significantly to anxiety.

Well done ni, glad today went well :-) and well done qu for taking the plunge. Stay positive and hopefully you wont get any side effects. A mate of mine takes citalopram and had no side effects whatsoever yet when i took it i went crazy (not litterally!!)

Hows everyone else doing?

Is your wife back home yet gav? Must have been nice getting the soft top out over the weekend :-)

Well i can say that ive had the best 4 days in months.... Did a full day in work friday (out in the sun) and today (out in the rain) and had no anxiety or stomach problems in the mornings.
    I can honestly say ive felt at 90% my old self for the last few days, i hope it continues!!!
    Oh and gav ive been getting headaches too but it only seems to be after being in the sun for too long, and it a wierd headache, like in my shoulders and up my neck and back of my head. Real bad ones although Paracetamol seems to get rid of them.

Nice one Ni! Well done!
    Yep coffee isn't good for anxiety, I've not touched any for months!
    I had a great day! Wife still isn't home so I popped to work for a few hours, done a few small jobs, finished at 2pm and went fishing, just got home and had takeaway!
    I'm slowly getting back to normal! Just shows that we can get through this!
    Oh and no diazepam for 2days!

Quote Originally Posted by spawn View Post
    Nice one Ni! Well done!
    Yep coffee isn't good for anxiety, I've not touched any for months!
    I had a great day! Wife still isn't home so I popped to work for a few hours, done a few small jobs, finished at 2pm and went fishing, just got home and had takeaway!
    I'm slowly getting back to normal! Just shows that we can get through this!
    Oh and no diazepam for 2days!
    Thats really good, the increase seems to be doing its job :-) no diazepam for over 4 weeks now for me i think! Still on the camomile tea tho ha!!

Hi everyone... Hope all is well.
    Well I've been back at work for a week and a half and although I'm liking being back I am getting anxiety and a little OCD with my thoughts. I'm always asking myself how I'm feeling etc.....but I guess that's the anxiety talking. Haha
    I also wonder why I keep getting anxious. I have to remind myself that I've been through a lot and this is just another step to getting better..... It does suck not feeling great but I'm hoping that will come soon . Maybe I need a increase as well??? I will go see the doc later in the week but what do you guys think? Also, does anyone still get shaky after 7 weeks? I still feel like my brain is trembling sometimes. Weird!!! Haha
    Wareing, great to hear your feeling better. How long have you been on 75? Did you feel a little like me on 50 .... Like you were better but not great? Thx in advance mate!
    Great to hear the updates from everyone.
    Kev
    Last edited by Nelsondog; 19-05-15 at 11:31.

Yeh i think the increase to 75mg has done me good?
    Im at work all day today, been feeling nervous all morning, but im keeping busy and it seems to be helping!

Agreed, think the increase had defo done me some good. Havent felt this normal in months!

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsondog View Post
    Wareing, great to hear your feeling better. How long have you been on 75? Did you feel a little like me on 50 .... Like you were better but not great? Thx in advance mate!
    Great to hear the updates from everyone.
    Kev
    Been on the 75 for 2 weeks today and it was about 4 days ago i felt a huge difference, no stomach ache and not much anxiety at all. Ye i felt the 50 was helping but felt i needed a bit more help so suggested to the dr an increase. Didnt start it for a few days as i was scared of side effects, i had none though, just some mild anxiety 4-5 days after the increase.
    Give it a go kev, you've got nothing to lose!

Thx guys! I think I will give it a go. I'll go to my doc first but I'm sure he will agree.
    Once again you guys are helping me more than you know.
    Cheers everyone. I'll update soon )

Well my wife's home at last. She is very bruised from surgery and in pain. But improving every day.
    I'm feeling on edge and anxious again today? No idea why?
    Oh well at work all today, hopefully it calms down.
    Strange because when I was under pressure last week I felt ok, now I have nothing to worry about I feel worse?? Gav

I reckon you can get a delayed reaction to stress spawn.

Glad to hear your wife is home and doing well

Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information