Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried about lung cancer

Unhappy worried about lung cancer

Hi all I am new to this website and found a lot of the responses on previous posts a great help. Hope someone can help :-)
    I would like to start by saying I am 26 male and am very concerned I have lung cancer, i have never smoked and don't drink alcohol, sad I know. i have been around secondary smoke through my younger years but been away from the second hand smoke for about 5 years now. Recently I had pulling pains on my right side, to cut the story short I went to Dr's who gave me anti inflamtry tablets which did not help.told me it was muscle pain and it will go. I thought nothing more of it but because I have a bad posture so thought that was causing it. I waited a week the symptoms did not subside so
    I decided see a chiropractor, have been seeing the chiropractor for about 4 weeks and only seemed to make the problem worse so I have stopped seeing him. I was send for a MRI by the chiropractor which look at my complete spine from top to bottom, all came back clear.
    My symptoms that have been persistent for over 4 weeks are my right shoulder is sore to move, pain near right rumboid muscle when pressing and burning sensation in chest on the right side. I also add that the pain is worse when standing my right shoulder feels heavy and pulling into my chest but the burning is constantly there. I have seen the doctor on many occasions I have had bloods done, came back with h pylori done a week of antibiotics. All other test of blood works ok. Chest sounded clear according to Dr. I have a chest Xray referral form which I need to go get done but am worried that I have lung cancer :-( I do not have a cough, gone off my food but don't know if it is the worry. over the last couple of months I have a few panic attacks out of the blue at 3 am in the morning. Hope fully I can get some feed back to help.

Re: worried about lung cancer

If the only thing you have are the pulling pains it's not lung cancer. Trust me, you're way too young and on top of that you haven't smoked. Probably just something muscular, and keep in mind that anxiety makes muscle tension/pain worse.

Smile Re: worried about lung cancer

Thank you for the reply my pains seem to be worse when I awake in the morning I am completely stiff on the right side of upper back and shoulder is also stiff. If I sit in one position for a while I don't seem to have any pain but as soon as I get up the burning and all the symptoms start again. :-(

This is what i have been like for 3 months. I have a constant right side back/shoulder ache that never goes away. It hurts if i shrug/roll my shoulder etc. I have also saw a chiropractor that didn't help. I have had my bloods done, chest listened to and my oxygen levels checked and all were fine. I have even had an x ray of my right shoulder and that was ok. I am hoping if it was my lung one of these tests would have picked it up. I had an abdominal ultrasound last week and i have a 2cm gallstone so my gp thinks it's that but i am still convinced it's my lung.

Hi Zippy thank you for the response, I saw your post you have posted before on the site. Do you have any burning in the right of your chest? Dr also said it could be gallstones but haven't had a y ultrasound I am so worried :-( it's making me miserable

I sometimes have pains in my right collarbone and burning in my right side of back/shoulder. Does it hurt if you shrug/roll your shoulders or flex your shoulders back?

If all you have is body pain, then it's honestly probably not. Your age alone defies the odds.

Thank you I have taken on board what you have all said much appreciate the advise. I have a private xray this afternoon will keep posted.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Hi Zippy
    Yes it hurts when shrugging the shoulders and also get shooting pains down my arm.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Just back from my xray, the person doing my xray was someone I knew back in another job we go back few years. She had a glance at the xray and could not spot anything major like growths etc. So I can put my mind at rest. Must just be stiff muscles caused by anxiety.

Yes ant12 i get shooting pains in my arm too.

Have you managed to find the problem Zippy ?
    The burning in the chest Is unbearable, have you found anything that makes it better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information