Thread: new and very worried about cervical cancer

new and very worried about cervical cancer

Hi everyone, been lurking a little while but really need some words of support or advice.
    Had an abnormal smear test in July 13, sent for colposcopy, biopsies taken, results were fine, put back on 3 year recalls.

Fast forward to June 14. I had just started a new relationship and doctor put me on cerazette, progesterone only pill. I get severe migraines so this seemed the best option.

Bleeding started in July and has been pretty much constant since- usually light but it was most days. some days it would be red blood and others brown discharge.
    Check up with doctor in October who said persevere- it's still in the settling down stage.

Bleeding/discharge still ongoing so went back to Dr on Friday just gone. She told me to stop taking the pill, gave me norethisterone to stop the bleeding so she could do an examination which I attended today but had to see a different doctor.

Different Dr examined me and said she's referring me to colposcopy to have more investigations. She said she can see etropian around the entrance of my cervix and it looks red.
    Get home and make colposcopy apt for next Monday at hospital which is miles away.

So now I'm panicking like mad. I'm worried they are going to find cervical cancer and I've left it too late due to all this bleeding and discharge I've been having. I thought it was just the cerazette but the doctor said she couldn't rule out cancer. And also having etropian too- I'm just overwhelmed with bad things in my head.
    Has anyone else had similar experiences? I'm guessing not. I guess I'll just have to accept it could be my worst nightmare :(

Re: new and very worried about cervical cancer

Hi Carrie, did you ever find out what was wrong? I do understand how worried you are. I have had discharge and irregular bleeding for the past year or so. Finally got referred to a gneocologist by my gp last month, he said I have a cervical erosion which could be causing the bleeding between periods (I am also on the pill, have been for a few years) I asked for a smear but was refused as I'm too young at 23. The worry has got so much that I actually paid to see someone private and have a smear done. I'm even more worried now because I bled during it. Just wanted to know you're not on your own, just try to think there are so many things it could be and cancer is only one of them. Easier said than done I know, but let's try not to worry xxx

Re: new and very worried about cervical cancer

I had this bleedi after sex tho for bout 6 months was horrified went to serval gps who examined me and sed it's an ectroption and nothing to worry about ofcourse being a health axiety sufferer I wudnt except this so paid private to go to a gyno he had one look and sed yep ectroption looks normal I askd him for a smear which I also paid for which thanks God came back normal I was relieved and havnt has problems since surely if your prepared to pay private for the smear u shud be allowed one? How are things wih u now x

Thread Information