Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Beat Health Anxiety - free book

How to Beat Health Anxiety - free book

Hi people, I haven't posted on here for a while but I hope you are all doing well?

Just a quick heads up that Amazon are running a promotion meaning that my book 'How to Beat Health Anxiety' is going to be free from tomorrow (Weds 25 Feb) to Friday 27 Feb.

If you don't have the book already, this is your chance to get if for free. Here's the link: How to Beat Health Anxiety | Amazon

Could I just ask one small favour? That you spare a couple of minutes to leave a review of the book on Amazon. It would be very much appreciated,

Thanks again and keep battling your health anxiety as you can and will beat it!

Mike
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Re: How to Beat Health Anxiety - free book

Thank you Mike! Will definitely order and leave a review :-) thanks again

I'll have a look tomorrow, thanks. Some feedback though if you want to increase sales - £7.99 is a lot for a 49pp e-booklet.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. The pricing is something that I took a long time to decide over - initially I thought I had priced too high but the sales and reviews suggest otherwise. The book has had some excellent reviews on both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and I'm so grateful to the people who have taken a few minutes out of their day to leave one - it really helps.

The way I look at it (and want others to look at it) is this: would you spend £7.99 to become free of health anxiety? I feel like because I've actually been through it and come out the other side, despite me having absolutely no medical qualifications which I state freely, it gives my book an edge over others who aren't quite on the same page as the sufferer - I've been right to the depths with HA, and if you don't believe me search for some of my early posts on this forum, I was a mess.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

You might want to check because its not free, its still at £7.99. I can't even find a record of a promotion over those dates for free Kindle books. Do you mean via Kindle Unlimited?

The last discussion resulted in you leaving NMP but I noticed you recently bump an old thread until today. As I said, there was no need to leave because of differing opinions, which are to be expected over the issue discussed at the time, so are you returning now?

I agree that the price is far too high. Its pitched at a similiar price to books 3-4 times its size. You can buy Kindle versions of books from best selling authors in mental health for £5 such as Professor Mark Williams with 288 pages in a proven technique approved by NICE.

I would pay 100 times the cost of a book at £7.99 for recovery, however that doesn't mean the price is justified. The product has to be pitched at a price relevant to its value, not based on the desperation of the reader. I would say be careful using this justification because its one that various anxiety 'gurus' use for their products which they make ludricrous claims about and have resulted in negative reviews by readers who have found them to be nothing more than rehashes of existing methods.

There are other books by HA recovered sufferers available, some at the same price and some much cheaper. So, I think it will depend on the ability of the 10 steps to better other authors.

Lets also remember that several of the reviews have come off NMP (I can spot 3 of 9 straight away on the UK site from your book launch thread, not considering the 5 on the US site) and the real test is the general public and its been mentioned that free copies were circulated on here at release so those readers never had to take a leap of faith at a product that doesn't really explain what it contains. As a consumer, there isn't enough information on the sales page to justify taking that leap so I would advise expanding on what it contains. You have to be mindful that there is a lot of negativity out there about recovered sufferers/gurus with these products because they have a habit of hinting at being able to cure people but then their books achieve little more than a load of free Google searching. Many of us have been stung by people like this and thats something you really want to avoid and you already have one such negative review.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 25-02-15 at 07:33.

Its now at £0.00 so it must have started at 9am for some reason.

There is no statement about this offer, something you normally see on book offers, so Amazon aren't doing a very good job of promoting this offer.

How does that work? Do you still get paid by Amazon or have you had to waive any profit? I'm guessing the former unless they have the ability to override as aren't they the publisher?

Sorry, but having looked through it there is no way this is worth £7.99, when you can buy entire books on the topic by experts for the same price or cheaper. It's great you've overcome this, and there is good advice in there, but the high price for a flimsy "book" and big claims, combined with plugging it on panic forums where desperate people are looking for answers to a mental health issue, leaves you open to accusations of exploiting fellow sufferers.

The way I look at it (and want others to look at it) is this: would you spend £7.99 to become free of health anxiety?
    Your "book" isn't going to do this. And you set the price. That attitude is quite despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    Sorry, but having looked through it there is no way this is worth £7.99, when you can buy entire books on the topic by experts for the same price or cheaper. It's great you've overcome this, and there is good advice in there, but the high price for a flimsy "book" and big claims, combined with plugging it on panic forums where desperate people are looking for answers to a mental health issue, leaves you open to accusations of exploiting fellow sufferers.

Your "book" isn't going to do this. And you set the price. That attitude is quite despicable.
    Despicable, I certainly wouldn't call it. In any case, it's now free so it's a moot point.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    Despicable, I certainly wouldn't call it. In any case, it's now free so it's a moot point.

Pip
    It's free as a temporary promotion in order to get some positive reviews before the price goes up again. It's a common practice in e-books.

Before you pass judgement, go back and look at Skippy's post history. The man has spent countless hours helping here and you can see he has been where most here have been. His book is not making him a rich man nor is it doing any harm. In fact, there's some good info in there and it's coming from a "survivor" viewpoint of a HA sufferer.

No, it's not a cure nor does he claim it to be. It's a tool like any other and one can choose to use it or not. The bottom line, and this is from outside observation, it's up to you to make the effort to get on the healing path. How you do it is your decision as well. IMO, any little bit helps.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information