Thread: viral bug or something worse- advice

viral bug or something worse- advice

Hi everyone

I don't want to drag out a post so ilk get right to it.
    Friday I was feeling great ... Friday night I had severe nausea and vomiting. I vomittedd through the night and into the next morning. .Saturday I had ......diarreah ... These symtooms lasted until Monday. Then as I was able to eat ... I had severe nausea all the time. Today is wed. I don't feel any better at all. I feel like I'm losing my mind a little bit. I'm so nauseous. My stomach hurts. I'mjust worried. Can a stomach bug last ffive days.
    I thought it was 2-3 days max.
    I have no idea what the hell is going on with me. But this hit me literally out of the blue with no warning.
    Has anyone else had a bug that was this bad or know what.else it could be.

Re: viral bug or something worse- advice

Yes, my elderly mother had one for nearly 2 weeks.

Try to keep hydrated and one potential issue is loss of body salt over a long period like my mum's but you can get rehydration salts that hog drink to keep your salt levels up.

If it persists though, don't wait like my mum did and see you're GP as hog may need some medication to shift it.

Don't worry though, as hard as it sounds, there is every likelihood that its a basic bug that your body is just having some difficulty shifting.

Hey there it seems like it was just a bad stomach flu. One thing that I did noticed was when I went to the washroom my stool colour was dark brown and a little tarry which is weird for me as that never has been the colour or consistency. I'm wondering of that's an internal bleed problem as that would maybe explain why I have been so nauseous especially when i eat. I also have lower back pain.
    During this time a headache woke me up from my sleep. Im freaking out because I feel like maybe I am having an aneurysm. My head hurtd in the front in my temples and in my eyes.
    And now with the dark stool im afraid that's a bigger problem as well.

Its already 2am here and I don't want tonwake anyone to go to emerg as they already think I'm a hypochondriac. But what if I'm not being paranoid this time

The thing is about the stools, your body has been flushing itself a lot so you are likely to find things have not been fully digested and that can have an impact on your stool. Your body needs specific conditions to create a normal stool so the extra strain and not getting all the nutrients it normally needs are likely to cause things like that.

It could also be a bit sore, its not pleasant. I don't know about internal but you can get some bleeding from the constant strain near the anus, especially if you have piles.

So, I think you know it was a bug but the current worry is adding to it to create a new scenario. I think you need to see your headache go, and maybe keep hydrated because dehydration causes headaches and your stomach bug will have caused dehydrtaion too if you don't drink plenty of fluids, and then you will have a better idea. It could only be a headache.

i would assume its just the flu but we are going on like day 8 now and the nausea is still there. but i am able to eat solids and keep food down and go back to my day to day routine.. the only issue now is .... i am so tired all the time. no energy.. and i feel like im dizzy like 5-6 hours out of my day.. luckily i didnt have another black stool but i do find that they are lighter.. like just an abnormal colour.. after doing reasearch on google. which i know that i shouldnt have. i found that this is really dangerous.. apparently it could be a tumour or cancer or even a sign of internal bleeding... am i freaking out.. i would say so, i woke up this morning with stomach cramps and feeling like i was going to pass out.. i dont know what ot do

Thread Information