Thread: How long until benefit of increase? And breast pain?

How long until benefit of increase? And breast pain?

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes for an increase of venlafaxine to take effect? My dose was increased from 225mg to 300mg 10 days ago and I'm feeling no better.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has experienced breast pain as a side effect? I've had pain for in one breast in one breast for about the same time and I've just realised it might be connected....

Re: How long until benefit of increase? And breast pain?

I have been on venlafaxine for almost a year. With each increase, I find it takes a number of weeks to feel the benefit, but it has always been a marked improvement. I'm sorry, I wish it were faster, but try to hang in there, as I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I always feel like "okay, now I feel the improvement!" Each time it has been a real lift to my mood and I am so thankful for it. Yes, I have had occasional breast pain but I tend to have to think it is due to hormonal fluctuations. I remember the same from pregnancy and also years ago when I had an imbalance of progesterone. It isn't every single day all month long, and I think progesterone is known for that.

I am now taking 225 mg., considering another raise in two goes to 300 mg., because after 90 days I feel the need again. The problem is that per my doctor's orders I must reduce to 75 mg for the summer (starting in "Spring"). I am not keen to go through a rapid reduction all that way down. I know I will feel okay on 75 mg for summer, but I am dreading the bumpy ride down! :(

ps, I have Seasonal Affective Disorder and that's why I need the ven, much less in summer.

Re: How long until benefit of increase? And breast pain?

Hi i increased my ven from 150mg to 187.5mg nearly 5 weeks ago and it took nearly 4 week's for me to notice a difference so hang on in there, i was starting to think it wouldn't work then it just clicked at near enough the 4 week mark, unfortunately increasing isn't an instant fix it can take 4-6 weeks like when you start an AD. XX

Thread Information