Thread: Period Problem - Need Advice

Period Problem - Need Advice

Hi. I have just started my period but the blood seems really dark, practically brown. Is this normal? Im worried and really dont want to panic.

Please Reply
    Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Period Problem - Need Advice

Hey Louise. How old are you? I used to get this more when I was younger. When I got to my early 20s my periods became much more regular in all ways.

If it's dark, that means it's been slow to come out. I remember that if my cycle was slightly longer, I would be more likely to start out having a dark period. After a day or two, the flow became normal.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you and there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

If you are older and this is the first time it's happening to you, it might have happened because of changes in your lifestyle that caused hormonal changes. Sometimes if I am very stressed my period pattern changes.

BTW have you heard of the Mooncup? It's an eco alternative to tampons. Saves you lots of money and saves the environment. You don't have to go to the toilet as much because it can last for 8 hours. I learnt a lot from having it - you can work out how much blood you lose with it, so you can work out what's normal for you. It's made me more sensitive to subtle changes - it's like a weather vane for my hormones/stress levels!

Thread Information