Thread: Freaking out!! Referral to breast clinic....

Freaking out!! Referral to breast clinic....

For the last couple of weeks I've had pain in my right breast, on the right outer side - bruisey and sore. I've self examined numerous times and couldn't feel anything but nevertheless made an appointment with my GP for reassurance.

I saw her this morning and she examined me - and found several areas of thickening - she seemed astonished I hadn't felt them but I emxamine with the flat pads of my fingers and she went digging about, I did feel them when she dug my fingers in.

She says although she'd be more than happy not to send me to the breast clinic she thinks I should go for reassurance.

I thought she'd just feel nothing and send me on my way and so I am freaking out!!!!!
    Last edited by Always-Worried; 03-03-15 at 13:14.

Re: Freaking out!! Referral to breast clinic....

Breasts change a lot as we age and down to hormones . I had a breast scare myself last year and waited months for various appts and had the all clear . I had lumpy breast compliment or insult ? Either way it gave me peace of mind , the mammogram showed dark areas which freaked me and I had a 2 month wait in between for the ultrasound which showed harmless cysts . Try not to worry , Dr's tend not to take chances with breast symptoms so it's re assuring to know you will have the relevant tests . My pains did finally ease as my anxiety levels went down

Re: Freaking out!! Referral to breast clinic....

Quote Originally Posted by Always-Worried View Post

She says although she'd be more than happy not to send me to the breast clinic she thinks I should go for reassurance.
    To do what I often see FMP doing on here, I've highlighted some key points.

If she thought you should go there for a real reason other than reassurance she would send you without hesitation and be straight with you about why.

Does she know you have HA? If so then I would question why sending someone for reassurance, when they know its nothing, is going to help because it will scare you now and any reassurance will be short lived. Whether she stated it was nothing then or based on the results, I can't see how it will do anything more than stay in your mind so what does it really achieve?

Thread Information