Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: One good thing that happened today

Re: One good thing that happened today

I finished putting the pages of 365 Things I Enjoy in the book that I bound specially for it was a really lovely project, I'm so glad I did it. Now I have a lovely book to remind me of lots of things I enjoy doing. I'll open it when I need a little inspiration. It makes me smile

That's awesome! I love the colors. Maybe I'll do something similar to have on have during rough patches.

Do it! I focused on what I enjoy doing rather than just things I like - I like pomelo but writing 'eating pomelo' is more sensuous and makes for better imagining.

One good thing that happened today: I managed to get most of the things done that I wanted to do today. I prioritised the vital stuff, plus stuff that would make me feel good, and stuff that would make me feel clued up for my new job tomorrow. I deprioritised finishing off blogposts and my newsletter, because it barely makes a difference when I finish them off - I might have to just change the wording a bit ('I am going to start a new job' vs 'I've started a new job' type stuff). And I feel confident in my decision. I feel quite calm now.

I got cleared of a sexual health problem. Which means that I have freedom of choice of whether I have sex or not, without worrying if it's going to negatively impact another person

I felt calm all of the day at work. I noticed that I got put into situations where I might normally have started to get wound up. I didn't. I kept calm. I didn't behave perfectly - I'm sure I burbled and said the wrong thing frequently - but at least I was calm!

I started to bond a bit with my colleagues at work.
    Worryingly I've already started to find one of them annoying. She talks too much when I want to work.
    It's good that in general we are talking to each other as human beings about music and stories about friends and things.

The sun kept shining, so I took a couple of blank cards, a raspberry conserve and tonic drink, and a pen, and illustrated the cards in the garden in the sunshine, with the sound of the kids playing next door.

I went to see my dad today not saw him for quite a while, it was lovely and he's doing well which always makes me happy.

We had a sunny day too. Glad you enjoyed it. I got a lot of yard work done and went for a walk around a reservoir.

I designed some graphics at work which nobody had done before. It looks great and I'm very pleased. It could be better but I'm glad I got out a first good draft. It's making a difference.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information