Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: One good thing that happened today

Re: One good thing that happened today

Yesterday my office got painted!! The previous occupant had it painted neon orange, which was terrible. I have been waiting 6 months but they finally got around to painting it and it looks great!!! Also had a good therapy appointment. We'll see what Wednesday brings.

Ah a fresh coat of paint makes everything feel so good

Today I updated my friend with my stress of the week and he helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. He listened to me and gave helpful feedback. I also helped him evaluate things he was thinking about in a way that might help him. I love our relationship - we support each other, we joke easily, we are authentic and sincere with each other and it's comfortable. I value him so much.

I managed to get myself to do some painting. I was nervous about doing it in case I wouldn't do a good job of it. And it wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad. The 7th piece of paper was my last one and took ages to do. I thought about giving up many times. But I managed to keep going, and I finished it. And it looks really good. I did well to produce as much work as I did today.

Glad you went ahead and did some painting. We are our own worst critics. You should post what you did (if you feel comfortable). I'm sure it's great!

I had a good day, one of my clients who wasn't doing well is doing much better and that made me happy. I was very worried about him. Then got home and hubby made a nice dinner.

I had a good therapy session. I'd been dreading it as I was feeling low, but she came up with some good ideas for me to try, starting with a "spoil me" session for a little time each day. It's really helping to lift my mood

I slept until 9:15 AM this morning!!! I haven't slept that late for a while and it felt great. I am enjoying a nice weekend with nothing to do.

I woke up(hot again today)put air con on and finally did some ironing,I felt good I had lot's and found at bottom of pile a dress I thought I left in Kuwait.

It was Mother's Day so I spent a lovly afternoon with my family

Here are my paintings from the other day...

One good thing that happened today:
    I saw a caramel yum yum in Waitrose and I couldn't resist. I picked the biggest one. I ate it at the bus stop and it was DELICIOUS. No yum yum in the history of time enjoyed being eaten as much as that one. Perfect texture and sweetness with those little chopped pecans on the top. And it was good looking to boot. Yum yums are so superior to doughnuts. Waitrose make the best pastries. Now that I know that, my waistline is probably endangered...!
    Last edited by lior; 16-03-15 at 23:53.

I love those, Lior. Thanks for sharing! I love the black and white with the patterns. I envy people with the patience to do that kind of intricate work. I'm glad you posted them.

It was nice weather today and work was pretty calm. I had time for yoga when I got home, which was nice. I brought in some plants and paintings for my office to go with the new paint. It feels very calming. Trying to focus on the positive because we had some bad news about an old family friend.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information