Thread: My love for him still shows, Can’t sleep in night

My love for him still shows, Can’t sleep in night

Hi
    My ex has offered his hand of friendship, although it seems one sided, but says he's there for me & hoping that I need his help and that I go running to him, as I have done in the past.
    Should I just go it alone, is he using me when in actual fact it's him that needs my company, but tries to make out that it's me that needs him more! I keep brooding and can’t sleep in night. Please can anyone advise me what to do

poor thing. if you really think it is one-sided and he doesn't really care about you as a friend then screw him!! also, if you still have feelings for him at all then i would say don't be his friend because you will put yourself in a situation to get very hurt. however, if you are completely over him that way and think he is being genuine with the offer of friendship then i guess, what do you really have to lose?
    ((((HUGS))))

Lauren
    PM me any time
    I was just woken up by a stupid garbage truck and i feel all panicky...darn it!

Hi Sabrina
    If he is keeping you awake at night then he is of no help to you. I know it helped me a lot to put more distance between me and my ex. It used to make me anxious when I talked to him and at the same time he gave me reassurance - very confusing. Now he is further away emotionally and it feels more "flat" when I see him.
    You need to be able to reassure yourself otherwise you get stuck when you are on your own. But it is so hard to learn and takes time. You should do what makes you feel best and disregard his feelings as they are his own responsibility.
    All the best. Hope you can get some sleep soon.
    N

It sounds like he wants to keep you at his side, so he can go back to you if things work out. Or he's really missing you and he's hoping you come back to him (male stubbornness!).

Honestly though, it could be anything, its hard to say when feelings are involved. But if you think he's worth at the least keeping as a friend just keep things cool between you and stay in touch. If he wants to get back to the good old days of married life, it’s fine. You can always build up a successful married life. You may get very good tips to make your reunion real successful by reading the “Ten Days to a good Marriage” by Dr. Max Vogt , www.TenDaysToAGoodMarriage.com

Hope for the best!

Thread Information