Thread: Vivid dreams/night sweats on 10mg - shall I switch?

Vivid dreams/night sweats on 10mg - shall I switch?

I've stared on Cit for IBS and anxiety, hoping to nip the former in the bud as its only recently started and hoping to control the latter until the end of the year when Im through various stressful life events.

But I'm having an issue with sleep even on 10mg. Even before I started the cit I was occasionally waking from vivid dreams in quite a sweat, but now it's almost every night and I wake up feeling shattered.

I've heard this side effect doesn't really go away for many so I wonder should I switch?

But then I also wonder if eg. Sertraline is likely to help as much with IBS which is my main current concern (read: HA preoccupation).

Re: Vivid dreams/night sweats on 10mg - shall I switch?

It all sounds pretty normal (as normal as Cit gets...!) to me I remember waking up with the bed soaking on many occasions it will pass in time Also the sleep thing should pass once agin through time I take Boots sleepeze 1 a night to help me as I readjust to Cit The lack of sleep is a killer I know For what is worth I have changed Meds severial times in the past few months and it just wrecks ur head even more than it already is Cit is a good drug used by millions for many years and has helped me many times Keep going things will get better it just takes time which is horrible as all we want to do is get better asap

Thanks Xena! So long as this is one of the side effects that will wear off I'll stick through it, I just couldn't handle this every day forever!

I remember this happening to me for the first 2 week so or so.

Vivid dreams are known to occur with anxiety and depression anyway but meds can intensify it as Mark & Xena said. I've had it too on both antidepressants I've tried.

I still get them from time to time but its not as intense and you don't worry about them later on as you recover as you get stronger in addressing any symptoms.

Thread Information