Thread: Omeprazole

Omeprazole

I am an anxiety sufferer with asthma and have been prescribed omeprazole for my GORD / dyspepsia symptoms, i am however quite anxious about taking it due to the possible side affects, i had been taking gaviscon and got what i think was bronchospasm off that so now i'm worried about omeprazole, can anyone reassure me that i will have no problems with omeprazole....

Re: Omeprazole

i took it for about a year for gerd ,it had zero side effects ,you will be fine

My wife takes Omeprazole daily and I take Pantoprazole daily. The only side effect is no acid stomach!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah took omeprazole too for about a year up to the max dose, no side-effects, and I even stopped cold-turkey and had no side-effects either.

Do not Google because you will always find negative posts and horror stories with any medicine . I have been on omeprazole for 8 years to settle my stomach and slight indegestion, I have been fine on them

Been taking it for a week. No side effects whatsoever for me. I think it's pretty safe as far as medications go.

I got constipation from omeprazole, personally, but it's a rare side effect and it really helps people I've known with acid problems. Worth trying!

Thread Information