Thread: day 23 - reassurance needed

day 23 - reassurance needed

So I foolishly stopped taking fluoxetin, only to be represcribed than and now feel like I'm going nuts I feel like there's no end. The Dr's prescribed propranolol but I don't like taking it as it makes me have weird dreams, never the less I've had two today and still panicking, I honestly don't know if I just need to go to a psych ward

Re: day 23 - reassurance needed

Anxiety and panic makes us think that we are crazy, but we are not. Our minds are just overwhelmed, and our bodies are responding with panic. If you think hospital will help you, go ahead, but I don't think you need to go unless you are suicidal.
    You are going through the side effects, heightened anxiety being one of them. Believe me, most of us went through the same thing. Just scroll through the posts here and you will see.
    Maybe you can ask your doctor for anti-anxiety medication, like diazepam to calm you down a little bit.

Day 23 is still early, but you should see a decrease in anxiety soon. Have you noticed any changes yet, like energy, appetite or sleep?

We are here for you, hang in there!

I'm not sleeping.and have no appetite, I feel awful, LI've il never get better.I've been throughout.before but this time seems worse

It's hard, I know. You just want it to end. And it will. Your body will not stay like that forever. I was at your place 2 months ago, I couldn't eat or sleep, I was shaking and crying all day, and I fell into a deep depression. But, with prozac, I am much better now. It does get better. Trust me.

Please continue writing, let us know how you feel.

Are you seeing a therapist?

No, ive had therapy before but it didn't really help, I just hate this it feels like it will never end, last night I stupidly drank wine which helped at the time but now I feel even worse

I know what you are going through. I had many days like this when I felt awful all day and everyone minute was complete torture. I thought about going to hospital many times. I also thought about giving my newborn baby to someone else as I could not cope with him, but it has got better and it will get better for you.

Hang on in there and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Roloisme,
    How are you doing today?

Day 7 is really early. I have just increased my Citalopram dose from 20 to 40mg and it was like starting again. The side effects lasted mostly until the end of week 2, and it wasn't until the end of week 4 that I noticed any real change, just when I thought it wasn't going to work. It is gradual, but it is definitely there. It's worth sticking with it if you can, as every day is a step nearer to feeling better.
    I have Propranolol too, and found that 10mg is probably as effective as a higher dose. It does seem to take a couple of hours to kick in though. Has anyone else found that 10mg is enough?

Thread Information