Thread: Talking changes

Talking changes

Anybody had experience with Talking Changes in county durham. This is a self referral service offered by the NHS for counselling etc. Just wondered if anyone knows what happens and is it any good.

Re: Talking changes

I haven't but I see its a IAPT service just like the one I went to except mine was a charity.

So, they will follow NICE guidelines being IAPT, so you will be able to access Level 3 & 3 services. 2 is guided self help level and 3 is high intensity therapy. 2 can mean over the phone 30 minute sessions of up to about 5 whereas 3 is the traditional face-to-face setting with about 12-15 sessions (some services are not good and offer more like 6 but these may not be IAPT).

IAPT services at these levels with be CBT or CBT based although IAPT is currently rolling out a dynamic therapy which is more like a cut down of the traditional dynamic therapies seen at Level 4.

Thread Information