Thread: Ankle sprain ?? Help !! CONFUSED

Ankle sprain ?? Help !! CONFUSED

I went to A & E last Thursday (26th February) in the early hours of the morning, after falling on my ankle after both my legs fell asleep in school the day before (25th February). I had been following the 'RICE' treatment since when I injured my ankle. After severe pain and barely any sleep throughout the night my father took me to A & E at around 5:00 am in the morning. Firstly i expected wayyyy better service from the doctors and nurses seeming as it was a children's department. Yes, I do understand it was early and they might have been tired but when you are in pain and just feel like bursting into tears even a smile could help.

So I went, and the first nurse just asked about everything and then I was sent to a room to wait for another doctor to see me. The doctor came and he barely looked at my foot. I was wearing a sock and he didn't even ask for me to remove my sock!!! he just prodded my foot and sent me for an X - Ray. The results came back and I haven't fractured it. But here I am 11 days later in severe pain and i can barely walk on my foot. I can only walk on it by tip toeing on my right foot (Injured foot). Also I find when I sit cross legged - Not fully but really open legged - I can't sit like that for over a minute without being in severe pain.

But on Friday I got an Appointment card in the post from the hospital. Any ideas why ?

Re: Ankle sprain ?? Help !! CONFUSED

The appointment card must be a follow-up to see how you are doing I would guess.

I hope you find some relief from pain soon!!

Re: Ankle sprain ?? Help !! CONFUSED

aww thanks x

Thread Information