Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

Re: E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I get those symptoms when I visit a friend who is a heavy smoker, just from breathing in his smoke. I go home with a racing heart and can't get to sleep. Much better to restrict visits to summer months, when we can sit outdoors and talk.
    Agree with you, it's difficult with people who smoke too much. My parents both smoked like crazy, in the car, at home, etc. and combined it with pills etc. (They both passed away from smoke-related disease.) I worked for a CEO who was also a heavy smoker and one day we were on our way to a conference and he happened to sit close by on the bus. You just had to stick it out, and breathe as little as possible. Hard to say anything under those circumstances.

I don't smoke. I promised my mum on her deathbed I would never smoke, and that's the way it has been.

My dad told me the only way to quit is to ... quit. You just quit, and hold on to the nearest table until it's over, to just cut it down to zero. It seems reasonable. You might want to figure out something to do instead, like knitting. My mum tried to cut it down slowly but ended up using chewing gums, cigarettes, the lot. Simultaneously.

Re: E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

When I decided to quit smoking I bought an eCig. Because it never goes out I ended up smoking it continuously. I then experienced the same symptoms; anxiety and panic, palpitations and restlessness.

I did some research and eventually decided it must be an overload of nicotine. I had previously smoked maybe 5 cigs a day and was now smoking the eCig continuously.

I discovered that one can purchase nicotine-free eCigs which I swapped to.

I think people who already are prone to anxiety are more sensitive to changes in our bodies so this could also cause anxiety and panic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information