Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

I recently experienced something that has taken a week to figure out what it was, Nicotine overdose. It's very easy to do by mistake with these new E cigarettes/vaping machines, I can only say it was horrendous and I'm still trying to recover from this. My symptoms were- Severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression, insomnia to the point of delerium, very rapid heart beat, palpitations, tremor and hot and cold flushes. it went on for a week because I continued puffing away on the thing not knowing why I was feeling this way, I just thought it was a huge relapse of my symptoms. There are also Propylene glycol and artificial flavourins and colours in these liquids that can cause allergic reactions with similar symptoms to above and worse. Please be carefull if you have or are considering an E cig/vaping device. The anxiety was so bad I thought I was going to die.

Re: E-Cigarettes and Anxiety

Were you diagnosed with nicotine overdose, or is this your own assumption due to the symptoms brought on after using the E-Cig?

I have been using E-cig, but I am not using it constantly.
    I also have nicotine patches. I have had no side affects.
    I am looking to stop using either in the next two weeks.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Funny you should say that I tried vaping and got anxious. I can use the Nicorette spray but the vaping ciggie that I used made me feel terrible. I think it was something triggering it; either the strength or something they use in the liquid.

sarah

When I first started using an E-cig I used it a little too much, and it gave me an immediate headache, thats when you know you are vaping to much, I also felt quite sick.

You would have to ingest quite a lot of nicotine for it to cause that many symptoms and I really don't think puffing on an E-cig would have caused what you are describing.

Nicotine poisoning puts you in hospital.

One thing to remember is that if you were vaping, you were not smoking (I assume) and all of those chemicals that your body was used to for many years had suddenly disappeared - That may have caused the massive increase in anxiety.

I stopped smoking a couple of years ago using ecigs. When I first stopped, I felt really lightheaded for a week or 2 and apparently it's quite common and can have something to do with haemoglobin and oxygen levels. There are other theories which claim that tobacco (not nicotine) contains chemicals which act as MAOIs. My symptoms definitely felt like AD discontinuation. Here's a discussion about it, if you're interested:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ess-maois.html

I know what you mean about vaping too much. With a normal cig, you light it, it burns down and you put it out - you can't keep smoking it indefinitely. With an ecig it's really easy not to pay attention and keep vaping away for much longer than you should. I did it a couple of times and got really shaky, hot, nauseous and thirsty. It soon went after an hour or so. I don't think it's overdosing on nicotine per se, just that your blood levels are higher than you're used to.

Pip
    Last edited by Pipkin; 09-03-15 at 18:50.

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Stupidly i was smoking normal cigs at the same time and I think i reached a blood nicotine level where I nearly passed out. I'm not one to visit hospitals to be honest so I stuck it out at home. I've also had problems with artificial colourings and flavours in sweets and drinks in the past. I was just wanting people to be aware/careful when I posted this.

GEE. I tried a normal cigarette (well one or two!)while using the e-lites and felt giddy too. Good Luck

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I get those symptoms when I visit a friend who is a heavy smoker, just from breathing in his smoke. I go home with a racing heart and can't get to sleep. Much better to restrict visits to summer months, when we can sit outdoors and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee-SP View Post
    I recently experienced something that has taken a week to figure out what it was, Nicotine overdose. It's very easy to do by mistake with these new E cigarettes/vaping machines, I can only say it was horrendous and I'm still trying to recover from this. My symptoms were- Severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression, insomnia to the point of delerium, very rapid heart beat, palpitations, tremor and hot and cold flushes. it went on for a week because I continued puffing away on the thing not knowing why I was feeling this way, I just thought it was a huge relapse of my symptoms. There are also Propylene glycol and artificial flavourins and colours in these liquids that can cause allergic reactions with similar symptoms to above and worse. Please be carefull if you have or are considering an E cig/vaping device. The anxiety was so bad I thought I was going to die.
    Yes me too, wow I did not know this was my issue. How do I quit?

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

Help please

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Hello

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

going to bed :(

okay I wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information