Thread: Brain cyst.. worried waiting for results?

Brain cyst.. worried waiting for results?

I had been suffering from headaches for a long time (about 3 years) and I had an MRI scan last year which showed that I have a 17mm pineal cyst in my brain, which is basically just a sack of fluid in the middle of my brain. They said that they would give me another MRI in 6 months (which I had last week) and if it was the same size they would probably just leave it completley. I had my scan on the 26th Feb and I haven't got my results yet and I am feeling very anxious. help x

Re: Brain cyst.. worried waiting for results?

This is actually quite common in people. Apparently something like 20% of people who have a brain MRI will turn up incidental findings of cysts or something similar, and a much larger percent of the total population have them but just never have a brain MRI so never know and live perfect lives without knowing.

I had a brain MRI last year and they found a cyst and I was told it's of absolutely no concern and perfectly normal.

Re: Brain cyst.. worried waiting for results?

Hey I too had an MRI last year and the found a cyst also in the middle of my brain and I was told that it was also common and of no concern.
    My second scan was carried out because the radiologist asked for it to be done with contrast but the neurologist passed it has normal .
    Like SteveKaye says many people have them but don't ever have an MRI so they don't know but they come to no harm.

Thread Information