Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump near vagina

Lump near vagina

I am really worried and feeling really stupid.

About 3 maybe 4 years ago i found a lump just near the opening of my vagina on the right side, Just on the opening, well i know its silly, but i just left it not sure i know why, I know i suffer terribly with health anxiety depression.

Well about a month ago i started getting really itchy all over. I know i should not be itching, but i do and i know its stupid because it just makes it worse and leaves it red and sore and feeling worse.

Its not a new thing for me because i have always suffer itchiness down there on occasion and it goes away. I usually use vagisil and it does the trick, but this time its not done anything, so i googled and it came up with Vulva cancer and the symptoms are persistent itchiness that will not go away, well i have both these things. I have that lump that has been there all this time its not grown its still the same size as i found it, it does not hurt and i can move it a little, i can also get my fingers round it and squish it down, but i am so worried i have cancer and its too late.

I mean what else would cause these things i cant find anything else with these symptoms, as soon as i read this i have made an appointment with the doctor, but i know its silly to have waited this long and i am terrified for them to examine me.

I had a smear about a month ago i wish i had brought it up with the nurse. My smear test was normal, but i could have showed her my lump. Why am i such a god dam coward i am so ashamed.

I cant stop examining myself now either now i am also worried about these little darkish red black lines i have either side of my opening too even tho i have also had these a few years too. I am finding all things that are worrying me.

I have not got my appointment for 10 days and i am so worried its making me sick. Please help any advice would be great i feel so alone. Not told my husband or anyone xx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Re: Lump near vagina

Hi Selphie,
    Although, as you may guess, I don't have a vagina (despite friends accusing me of having one)..I have had a lot of cysts.

Most often on my neck and back and also under my arm pit and on my temple.

Often they are small, about the size of a lentil or smaller, sometimes they have become inflamed and the size of a golf ball.

If you can move them around they are most often not a cause for concern and are just a localised cyst in the area of skin where they've decided to exist.

The cysts I have had I noticed do itch, sometimes..as unpleasant as it may be, they can smell very similar to the crud you get trapped between your toes or the fluff in your navel.
    When I've run my finger over them in the past it is more easily noticeable.

If you can see it clearly and notice a pin point head on it then it is almost certainly a cyst.

Best to get it checked of course but I hope this helps on what else it could be.

Daniele
    Look back with a smile and whisper 'I lived!'

Hi thanks so much for getting back to me. I have tried to look with a mirror but i cant see much it just looks like a lump I am trying to figure out what colour it is, I know that may sound strange it looks white, but then it looks pink and i get confused again i know i am useless. It looks like its under the skin tho so its hard to see which is making me more anxious. I can move it when i get my fingers behind it, but when i touch it feels hard, but i can squish it when i press it, but it does not hurt and is not causing me any problems its just as i am itching, but the itching is never on the lump the lump causes me no problems the itch is nowhere near it its another part.

Its is about pea sized its never change in all these years, and it does not even hurt when i sit its just there. I cant see a head on it tho :(.

I am going to get it checked, but scared i am to late i know i should not have left it this long. xx

Cysts are hard, theyre keratin filled lumps, often from blocked hair folicle or just a blocked pore in the skin.

They often feel about as hard as a lump of putty. Not rock soid but not particularly squishy.

Dont squeeze it or you could aggravate it and cause infection and abscess...not that you should panic about that but it's not pleasant and requires antibiotics to fix.

It does sound like a cyst so try not to worry too much till your check up.

Aaaaaand good luck, but you likely wont need it

Aww thank you Hopefully. I worry about worrying. It is hard, but can be moved if it makes sense. I do not usually muck about with it i totally forgot it was there until i saw something on the internet that worried me sick and i have been feeling it to try and work out what sort of lump it is.

I am going to try and stay calm till then thanks for your kind wordsxx

You're welcome..it really does sound like just a cyst.
    Cancerous lumps don't often move and are more likely deeper than just surface skin..that's why cysts move around.

I forgot to mention that I worked in gynaecology previously and a smear test would show up CIN of whichever degree for you to require a colposcopy.
    A dodgy smear test requires you to be seen as an urgent refer within two weeks.

The fact you've had it for ages should also help you feel an little better :-)

Take care aaaaaand ... relax

Daniele

Thank you. I will come back on when i find out what it is. Got an appointment in a week ( Hard to get an appointment here) and hopefully it will be okay. Yes its just under the surface, and like i say i can move it.

Thanks for the advice about the smear too, yes it was all normal, so that is good.

Again thanks for all your advice you have helped a lot xx

It sounds like a Bartholin's cyst which is not dangerous but you'll feel much better once you have it checked out! Try not to worry yourself. It is most likely nothing serious.

I have exactly the same, i was told it was a harmless cyst

Quote Originally Posted by Cariad1 View Post
    I have exactly the same, i was told it was a harmless cyst
    Have you had yours for a long time? xx

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xvolatileheart View Post
    It sounds like a Bartholin's cyst which is not dangerous but you'll feel much better once you have it checked out! Try not to worry yourself. It is most likely nothing serious.
    That is what i am hoping, I am so scared now, and i cant sleep, I have children and i feel so sad and worried about all this, and i keep thinking why me and checking myself.

I have started my period for this month yesterday and the itching has got worse. Thursday cant come quick enough, I wish i was not like this xx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information