Thread: Fatal Insomnia

Fatal Insomnia

I really need some hand holding, I have another thread under symptoms, anyone this is my main concern after sudden on set of chronic insomnia and some really weird experiences, be woken by hearing things in my head seeing faces, etc. I now experience everytime i dose off and I am tired I get a feeling like my tummy has gone down the biggest roller coaster and it wakes me up constantly all night or instrusive thoughts. I used to take diazepam 5mg for insomnia not often maybe a couple of weeks spread out through a year. This was usually due to being anxious about something and then the insomnia This is different hit me completely out of the blue slept one night then havent been able to sleep since, 15mg diazepam dosent help have been given zoplicone but this only gives me two hours sleep 7.5mg. Have been asked to try mitrazine anti depressent but tbh I am so scared I dont know what to do I had cbt as I have always been scared of this disease and my rationing was alway I havent got it because the sleeping pills work, well now they dont work and my brain is definitely feeling odd when i try to sleep I am absolutely terrrified of this and so so tired please any advice welcome

Re: Fatal Insomnia

My main symptom after a headache is the brain feeling odd, head numb, and a panic regarding the whole head thing. Insomnia is a sure fire follow up, because how can you sleep with that?

I have trained myself over the past few months to simply get out of bed, have a nice hot drink on the sofa, read, or watch TV, and slowly allow my mind to relax again.

Although I am shattered in the morning because of lack of sleep when this happens, at least this coping mechanism does allow me to get to sleep and to calm down. I find it takes about an hour, or so, sometimes longer.

I have not slept at all for two weeks, my head keeps pulling me awake i am tired and sleeping pills are not working at all.

Fatal insomnia is incredibly rare. Stop thinking about your sleep and youll fall asleep easier, trust me. The more you focus on it/the more anxious you are the harder itll be to fall asleep. Visit your gp if youre super concerned

I'd did advise you to take the mirt as your docter has prescribed you

Hi Sam yes you did, I just have had such a bad experience with anti depressants in the past, I might be mad now but after a couple of anti depressants I usually am sure I am. I think because I got a little sleep with zoplicone the night before and I am so desperate for sleep I didnt want to risk not getting any. You are right I should of take the anti depressant I will do that today. will start at 15mg cut one in half thank you for taking the time to reply.

Being so worried is likely what's keeping you up. Try the mirt, it helped me sleep. It's also been good to me where others haven't.

Thread Information