Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very scared that I might have committed fraud

Very scared that I might have committed fraud

I'm terrified that I will go to prison,

I called Virgin Media to cancel my phone contract 11 months early, and i had to pay a buy out fee of £282 + my outstanding balance of 40, and I wasn't sure what model my phone was, the lady said, You have a Sony XPeria L right? and I said Yes, I do, even though I wasn't too sure and thought they would know from the records.

And she cancelled my tariff,

I went to find my contract because I swear it was something else, and it said it was a Sony Xperia SP,

I done the sums, the tariff sounds about right and I paid the buy out fee they told me to pay in full.

£22 A Month + 11 Month left of contract = 242 + 40 outstanding payment = £282.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: Very scared that I might have committed fraud

Doesn't seem to be a problem to me. You have paid up so I don't think anyone will be asking you for more money..and it was the correct amount.

Relax

sarah

So the only difference was the model of phone? You do not need to worry about that, sometimes phones have differing model names and I really don't think they would care in the slightest, especially as you've paid the money. This is your OCD talking.
    You are not going to go to jail for what is basically a typo

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I wouldn't even have noticed and they certainly won't know or care. I agree that it's probably a different name for the same model. If not, they should keep better records!

Really, nothing to be concerned about.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Agree with the others it's likely the same phone but different name. After all it should be on the contract they look at on their screen! Knowing Virgin Media though they haven't got a scooby lol . Don't worry you've paid the cash and that's all they care about x

Your account is now closed. There is no need for anyone to ever look at it again

As already said, there are multiple names for phones but the SP and L are different versions but are you sure it may not be LTE as thats the same as SP? LTE's tend to be 'light' versions of the same phone which were released to allow for newer additions to power management in Bluetooth. (before anyone calls me a geek, I had to check this when upgrading mine to work alongside a bluetooth device I was buying...go on, call me a geek! )

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sp-5364.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l-5363.php

Could she have said LTE?

Regardless, they could see your contract in front of them on your account on their billing system so they knew what they were doing. At worst, it gets spotted and they approach you asking for the difference, although they may just write it off to avoid a complaint as they are at fault.

All you did was get your model number confused, a perfectly good defence when they have a computer in front of them that states what phone exists against that contract.

Thats not fraud. Its a simple mistake and they made the bigger mistake so no one is going to court over that.

Its an anxious response so please try to rationalise it as phone companies are quite reasonable and would contact you to discuss and offer their apologies as well as work with you on any repayment (if there was one).

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Terry you're a geek...

I knew I could count on you Sarah!

Calm down dear, I see no huge problem to that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information