Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain right side of neck when swallowing saliva.

Re: Pain right side of neck when swallowing saliva.

Did anybody ever find out what it was?

Hi there,

I am a 25 year old female from the uk, and have been experiencing these exact same symptoms in my neck for 2 weeks now. As others have said, almost gone in the morning, but worsens throughout the day. And it’s only when I swallow saliva. Because I am a hyperchondriac I am worrying a lot about this, but don’t want to bother my dr quite yet. Some swallows are almost pain free, but then some really bad. I have also noticed that if I look down and swallow, it’s considerably worse.

Did anyone see a gp about this problem? Or found anything that helps, or perhaps can explanation.

I am aware that the original post is quite a few years old now, but I would appreciate any reply that may help at all.

Thank you,
    Sophie

I get the same thing. Although I also have a stiff neck on that side as well that goes from my neck, to my shoulder and down to my middle back. I have had a ton of globus as well so this seems to be more of the same for me.

Hi there,

I know that this is an incredibly old post, but i have been experiencing EXACTLY the same as you have described here regarding my throat. A slight pain on the left side when I swallow (saliva only) and as you say, it is better in the morning. Its like a brief burning sensation, and then it goes. Feels almost like there's a cut there, but i can't see as its further down my throat than is possible. I'm very worried about it, as I've left it 8 weeks now and have felt no reduction in the discomfort.

I have been to my GP, she has felt my throat very thoroughly, and says she cannot feel anything physically that worries her. She also sent me for a basic blood test (mainly to calm my nerves), which was all normal. But it doesn't stop me worrying, because the pain is there everyday. Sometimes I barely notice it, and then other times the sharp pain takes me by surprise. I'm trying to tell myself that it is perhaps a pulled muscle, as a had a bad cough and cold about 2 months ago, but I don't even know if that is possible?

I would love to know if you ever resolved the problem? Or at least found out what out what is causing it?
    I have no other symptoms other than this frustrating discomfort on one side of my throat when swallowing saliva.

I look forward to (hopefully hearing from you, or equally anyone on this site how may have experienced/be experiencing similar

Thanks,
    Sophie

Hey... I feel sorry for you...have you checked for Tonsillitis?

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for replying.
    Yes I have. I had tonsillitis just before Christmas, first time I've even had it, and admittedly wasn't very pleasant :/. But that was very different to what I am experiencing now, and this is further down my throat. Just like a dull ache when I swallow saliva, I just cant understand it?

Thanks,
    Sophie

to anyone suffering with this, the solution is very simple! this has nothing to do with a soar throat but rather muscle tightness in the area. To deal with this, massage the impacted area with CASTOR OIL for 15 minutes and tightly wrap it with cloth and go to bed afterwards, taking off the cloth when you wake. do this every night until it goes away. it should go away quickly!*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information