Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst eyelid twitching ever

Worst eyelid twitching ever

For the last 2-3 weeks a periodic twitch in my left upper eyelid has gotten worse than ever before! I know that eyelid twitches are extremely common with stress/anxiety, I have just emerged from an intensely anxious period, and have had eyelid twitches last for a long time before and eventually they just go, but this one seems just.. worse.

Instead of a tiny little buzzing kind of twitch it feels like almost half the eyelid is flickering! It seems to happen in short bursts every few mins at times, then not at all at others.

Just checking if you guys have had stress related eye twitches like this.. Normally for me it's just been a kind of buzzing/vibration feeling in a tiny spot, not like this.
    Last edited by Anonybrit; 11-03-15 at 22:07.

Re: Worst eyelid twitching ever

I've had this exact eyelid twitch for the last 3 months. Left upper eyelid. Same kind of twitch also. I wouldn't worry too much, it happens sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKaye View Post
    I've had this exact eyelid twitch for the last 3 months. Left upper eyelid. Same kind of twitch also. I wouldn't worry too much, it happens sometimes
    Seems the more you think about it the worse it gets, if you're concentrating on something else it doesn't happen!

This one is a nightmare though, never had one with such big movements!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonybrit View Post
    Seems the more you think about it the worse it gets, if you're concentrating on something else it doesn't happen!

This one is a nightmare though, never had one with such big movements!
    I know, I thought exactly the same thing. Like my whole upper eyelid was flicking to the left... but yeah it's nothing to worry about. I've had to brain MRI's for something else which showed nothing unusual as well as EMG/nerve conduction tests which were all normal so... it's just one of those things that happens lol

I had the same thing recently. I think it just stopped few days ago but I had it for a good three weeks. I stopped focusing on it and than it stopped. Same with a lot of weird sensations I was focusing on a lot, like a buzzing under my foot and a spot that gets hot under the same foot. All disappeared after I stopped caring really.

I've had the same exact thing in and off for months!

Yeah I'm at eye twitcher to! Super annoying but nothing to worry about x

Hi just wondered did you eyelid twitch go? I too am concerned as I had a small mucus cyst removed on the roof of my mouth and about 3 days after i had annoying stitch in my left eyelid which is still there nearly 2 weeks later...

I had to go to the eye clinic last week and I mentioned my twitchy right eyelid to the eye surgeon while I was there ( it's not related to the problem I went with, I just thought I'd mention it to her anyway) and she she said it was a nerve thing, same as twitches anywhere else, and she recomended taking magnesium. I've long been aware of the benefits of magnesium but only through reading about it online, that was the first time a doctor has ever recommended taking it.

ISB x

Upper left eyelid for me too! Had it for 3 months. Worse when I'm tired.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information