Thread: mirtazepine

mirtazepine

any one else taking this antidepressant?i have been on it now for 3and a half months but since being on it have put on 2stone in weight and suffering joint pains in my muscles its just like toothache.any one else got simmilar problems and what dose do you take i take 2x15mg pills at bedtime and half of 1 in the morning.but still feel nervy for most of the day.

l.m.bell

im taking 45 mg of this tablet per day. like you i have put on about a stone i feel really bloated my legs swell at night and my joints wont bend too good. im thinking of changing these soon as my anxiety isnt any better either.
    do you get headaches too?
    luv tracie xx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

Hi Mili / Trace - I was on this for 4 months. I recently came off it because I was sleeping in too long in the day and didn't feel it was helping.

It didn't give me any side effects at all, no weitght gain no anything. I was on 30mg at night. Since coming off it I'm a lot more anxious. I'm beginning to wonder whether it was helping after all. I've currently been off meds altogether now for 2 weeks after my partner refused to let me take the new meds (too many horror stories).

Any med is different from person to person. If you don't feel they're helping I'd go back and see your GP. Certainly if they're having an adverse effect.

Krakers.

I've been on this for about 5 years and it's been great for me. I did put on weight initially but with careful eating and exercise it came back down. Thing I find best is that it has a sedative in it so I sleep really well.

Love Jo x

its me again!!!
    I went to docs today to moan about weight gain, swelling and joint stiffness and pins and needles, (woke up with a horrible numb foot this morning)
    She has taken me off mirtazapine and said that these are all very common side effects. she has started me on prozac 20mg then see how i am.
    hoping that these will be better, fingers crossed xx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

I too went back to doctors today asked about the weight gain and pins and needles but he said that its not the medication giving me cramps and to carry on with the miritzapine.I dont know what to do now as i am not feeling that great nerve wise.Wondering wether to go herbel or do as he says

l.m.bell

well im in a dilema too.
    Doc said that mirtazapine was causing my side effects and has given me prozac, but ive had 2 days with no meds and should start new ones today but im soooooo scared

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

Thread Information