Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newly informed

newly informed

hi every1 my names amy and im 19 from the uk. last week i had a cold, no suprise really as its winter here and i dont drive so i walk everywhere and work in a stuffy pub. the cold cleared up in a few days but it left me feeling weired. i felt floaty and very nervous. this would come and go. i also felt dizzy at times. then i started getting flutters in my chest and for a few days had a very nervy feeling and trouble breathing. i also had a pressure headache and tingling and pins and needles throughout my body. all this was new 2 me as im a usually a healthy 19 year old.
    3 days ago i had a really nervous feeling at work, but there was no need 4 it because i love my job and am comfortable in it and am rewarded 4 my efforts, i got really bad butterflies in my tummy and wanted 2 leave my job and find another one. i just wanted 2 get a way, i started looking through my friends magazine 4 jobs abroad. when i got home after work i felt dizzy, tingly, had trouble breathing and had that much pressure in my head and behind my eyes, i also felt shakey. i went 2 bed but after 10 mins i had 2 phone my boyfriend 2 take me to the hospital because i couldnt breathe. i was told i had anxiety but its only been a few days so im trying to get my head round it. ive still felt dizzy 4 the last few days and still got pressure behind my eyes and keep getting pins and needles. ive learnt 2 control my breathing already but am worried about the floaty sensation im feeling. i didnt think it would last thins long. ive been 2 the toilet quite a few times 2 open my bowels today and yestersay. im scared, i feel alone. will i ever feel normal and is pressure behind the eyes normal. i feel 2 young 2 have this HELP ME, amy xxx

amyx

Hi Amy and welcome.Your not alone here,there is lots of support and advise.we all understand how you feel,anxiety has so many scarey symptoms,and you sound like your having a bad time at the moment.You will make lots of friends here to.

Ellen XX

Hi Amy,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

HI AMY
    WELCOME ..DID YOUR DOC TEST YOU FOR VERTIGO....AND MAYBE WHEN YA GOT ANXIOUS ALL THE OTHER SYMPTOMS KICKED IN.....THE ANXIETY!! IM NOT A DOC BUT HANG IN THERE....I KNOW ITS A WEIRD FEELING AND SCARY AT TIMES.......YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF INFO AND PEOPLE HERE FOR SUPPORT I WISH YOU WELL...............LINDA[8D]

Hi Amy,

They all sound like classic anxiety symptoms, although a follow-up wuth you GP could be worthwhile.

Has something happened in your life within the last few weeks or months?

I have a similar story to you, but I can pinpoint my anxiety back to the loss of my father and nan, I tend to think if you then ignore the emotional feelings, the physical sensations take hold.

I'm back at the docs Friday, hopefully he will help.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

hiya, these are all "normal" symptoms of anxiety. you have done really well controlling your breathing. ask your doc to put you on an anxiety management course. this helps you understand what anxiety is, and what it does to your body. try thinking possitive, this does help beleive it or not. try not to worry about it, as this will make the anxiety worse. feel free to p.m. me if you have any worries

take care
    libbie

elo,

A big welcome to de site...you will b okies...great support here...glad ta hav ye onboard..tc..xxx

Take care,

Lin.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Amy

Lovely to see you here so welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the site, you'll get a lot of support her that will help you through.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information