Thread: waking up with internal vibrations in back of neck

waking up with internal vibrations in back of neck

Past two nights i wake up vibrating internally shaking feeling, mostly in the back of my neck.Its like a pulse feeling but it seems to get better after i get up or at least better. I'm scared it's something bad i'm going out of my mind has anybody had this feeling? What is this?

Re: waking up with internal vibrations in back of neck

Does it feel like you're shaking inside but when you look you aren't shaking? I've had it before where my whole body feels like it's shaking but if I look at my hands and my legs they aren't.

Thanks for responding, yes it does i've had it in legs and arms before too but now it's back of neck i also have neck pain which is from being in wrong positions

I have had this many times, in the head,neck and spine, also in the legs etc..But I know exactly what you are talking about and it could be caused by tension. When you get real tense and then start to relax it happens.

Also some meds for anxiety can cause this.. are you on any right now?

Yeah, I've been having it now for over 8 years as its been one of my most prevalent anxiety symptoms. Its mainly legs, arms, hands, fingers. I won't have it when I am up & about or in certain sitting/lying positions but its very frequent when sitting normally.

I don't know why it happens but I think its either excess adrenaline or nerves misfiring.

There is another thread about it here http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68402 but I've seen other threads about it too.

Thread Information