Thread: Best vitimans

Best vitimans

Hi, I went doctors this week and he's started me on imipramine, also I said to him I have an issue with my mouth so he looked and said I'm lacking in vitimanins.
    The side of the tongue is sore not too bad now though was both sides but now only the left, had it for a while now, anyway I went into boots and in front of me was so may types I wasn't sure, so I picked up multivitamins. Have I done right? Or should I have got just one type. I have no idea and he wasn't too bothered but he's not the one putting up with it.
    Had a scare it was something horrible as I have a white mark in my throat but he says it's scare tissue and nothing to worry about, I've been looked at by 2 doctors now and the last one said I've seen throat cancer and it isn't that. The other one agreed. So my mind is at rest on that. Why do we always fear the worst? No wonder I'm on antidepressants

Re: Best vitimans

Multivitamins won't hurt. Single vitamin tablets will have more than most people need for several days.

I think he needed to tell you which vitamins you could be lacking in. There are so many supplements available that it can get confusing.

Vitamin C is a possible and useful for depression too and immune system anyway.

Vitamin B has connections to mouth health but some people find anxiety is increased from these supplements so don't go high at first and see if you notice any issues.

Vitamin A & D have links and so does iron. If you supplement with iron, it can give you bad stomachs and constipation but there are multivitamins & mineral supplements available without iron in, they are just harder to find. Spatone is good for iron as its more absorbable and is less likely to have any unwanted effects as its just naturally infused spring water.

Do you get a good selection of fruit & veg in your diet? If not, thats likely to be a factor for you so increase them. Certain fruits are high in certain vitamins and certain vegetables are high in them & iron. Doctors (and the NHS) are pretty anti supplementation with multivitamins so would probably prefer dietary changes.

Also, RDA's are decades out of date and based on average need. Anxiety disorders sap nutrients as we are operating at a higher capacity due to the extra adrenaline. So, RDA's are not much use in my opinion and some Googling may turn up some useful information on what can be increased. So, maybe you are not lacking in the normal sense, but yout anxiety is draining the nutrients at too high a rate? Also, if you eat a lot of processed food you may find that your digestion isn't great as we lose a large quanity of the nutrients in the food we eat. Probiotics are useful in this as are digestive enzymes.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 15-03-15 at 07:11.

Thanks for reply, I wouldn't say I get a high dose of fruit and veg, I don't eat a lot of fruit if hardly any if I'm going to be honest with you. I do eat poor day time, but better evening, have a certain amount of veg but I've been stressed over the last few weeks so maybe that's knocked me down a bit.
    I think your right I need to eat fruit from now on, maybe this is my problem.

Thread Information