Thread: Pregnancy?

Pregnancy?

I'm 21 ttc baby number one.
    My last three cycles have been 44 days, 43 days,39 days.
    This is the first cycle we have ttc.
    We have been doing the deed for over a week now unprotected.
    However normally I notice a lot of discharge in my knickers some time during the cycle . This time I haven't had much but did have some on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th although nothing like normal.
    I don't know my luteal phase as I have only just started to follow my periods.
    We had sex on fri 8th.
    Today/ yesterday I have noticed I have very dark skin on my inner labia, normally it is bright pink.
    My bf says my boobs feel heavier and look bigger. We took a photo and compared it to a photo from two months ago. He can see a difference. He also says theirs a very prominent vein on each boob that he has never seen before. And he says my Areola looks darker ( normally brighter than nipple, now same colour)
    I have also been sneezing more regularly ( four times yesterday , once today but quite a lot last week) he says I rarely ever sneeze and quite a few times last week although I dunno if it was just last week or before then when it started.
    I feel fine in my self. No sickness etc.
    Am I clutching at Straws or could I be pregnant?
    I normally feel some sort of discharge leak out of me during my cycle. I didn't feel that this time but did have some in knickers and around my vulva on thurs 7th and fri 8th.
    He has also examined my cervix and for the last few days he says it feels soft and high. We can also occasionally get a bit of white / creamy/ milky discharge from it. Surely if I ovulated my cervix would of gone back to normal by now and be low and hard and it hasn't. We have been checking since Monday
    Thanks for your help

Last year I went six months without a period. Went to docs had blood test. Slightly low in lh hormone. Doc said nothing to worry about wait and see if they come back on their own as I didn't want a baby then ( I so desperately do now and I'm so scared ill never be called mummy) they did come back on their own but have been a lot lighter and not painful since coming back. No other symptoms of pcos. Normal weight and young no health conditions

My boyfriend said last week he thought my breasts where bigger and heavier before he even knew that could be related to early pregnancy. He also says his seen my nipples enough to know if they have ever been like this.
    My labia has never been this colour before, and I see it everyday when I masturbate and wash their etc.
    We examined my cervix today again and it still came out with white milky creamy discharge on my finger even though I'm getting none in my knickers.

Re: Pregnancy?

Emma, wouldn't this be more appropriate for a pregnancy forum? I'm not sure how this relates to anxiety!

You are still very young, and have every chance of getting pregnant without monitoring your cervix etc, just let things happen naturally and then worry about all that if you haven't conceived in a year (for example). Have you managed to get your anxiety more under control now?

I have a little.
    I am worried I am infertile and don't ovulate.
    I have spent the last weeks in almost constant tears over my anxiety that ill never have children and I have a really strong instinct and want to be a mum.

Are you able to cope financially and emotionally with a baby? As I've said, you are so so young, and you need to make sure you're able to deal with a baby and are as healthy as you can be yourself mentally.

I know it's scary to think about infertility, I actually do have PCOS and am undergoing tests at the moment, but from what the Dr says it doesn't sound like you'll have any issues and you don't want to suddenly end up pregnant and realise that all you really wanted to know was you're fertile and capable of conceiving.

If you've considered all this, then sorry, but please think carefully about your decision, I'm not saying you'll never be a mum, or that you shouldn't be, but are you sure this is something you really want, not just another aspect of your anxiety?

Yes we are able to cope. I've been very ok the last few months and in a happy place except the last week
    A baby is something I've wanted since I was 12/13. I so desperately want to be a mum ( a life dream )
    I understand why you've said this but I/ we have considered this x

Hi Emma, I've read alot of your posts and I'm actually concerned your going into this blind, i was 20 when I had my son and it was the hardest thing I have any done, don't get me wrong I don't regret him for a min but I do wish I'd lived my life alot more, i thought I was my then partner forever but we spilt up a year later so I found myself a young single mum and that alone without coping with the anxiety was hard work. You've got plenty of time to have a family, i don't think at your age obsessing over getting pregnant is very healthy for you. Have a reread of some of your posts and see if you agree. As regards to what you've posted about im inclined to agree that it's not really a question for an anxiety forum.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Can I ask how long you've been with your partner?

Thanks.
    Maybe I am. Maybe I do need a long hard think.
    Maybe it is fear of never conceiving. ( which is what I should of posted about)
    At the moment it's a huge fear.i see reasons that I won't.
    You are right I am very very young still.
    I have browsed over my posts today but I will go back and have a deeper look into them

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Of course you can.
    September but been friends for three years

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Theirs no mistaking that I want a baby one day though.

Ok you've only been together since September so I really think you need to give your relationship more time, you are still very very young, i was left bringing my son up alone whilst his dad partied and had his 'young years' it's a very lonely position to find yourself in especially at your age. I really don't think you need to worry about your fertility yet, concentrate on getting your relationship established with your partner, it's still very early days for you both and a huge commitment, one that changes your life more than you can ever imagine. Just think about it a bit more X

I will take that into consideration
    I'd just like to point out that men leaving is not always the case. His dad left him at ten and I know he would never leave
    I totally understand where your coming from and what your saying though.
    I do worry about pcos because of my absense off periods last year. Even though I have things that lead me to believe I could be pregnant at the moment

You can't be sure he won't leave hun, unfortunately relationships don't always work out the way you'd planned and hoped, you've only been together for such a short period of time that you should be enjoying yourselves not worrying about if you can get pregnant or not. Obviously it's your decision but from reading your replies it comes across as if you just want to get pregnant to make sure your not infertile. It's a bit early for pregnancy symptoms too, in a week you defiantly wouldn't be getting symptoms X
    Last edited by nicola1980; 15-03-15 at 20:52.

Thread Information