Thread: Freaking out a bit...

Freaking out a bit...

So I've had a bit of a rough week anxiety wise having assessments at uni etc. and today just made things 10x worse!

I went for a BM around lunch time, seemed normal, bit of straining but not too bad. Anyway, when I wiped I noticed blood on the toilet paper and I'm not just talking a little bit there was a lot! There was some in the toilet also. Not only this but my stomach cramped a little bit as well afterwards. A couple of hours have passed and I feel like I could do another BM but nothing comes out when I try.

I googled the symptoms even though that's the worse thing to do and one of the possible things it could be was gastroentiritis and having had this before I'm completely freaking out!

What are the chances that it could be this? I'm going to book a Dr's appointment tomorrow to see about the whole blood issue.

Re: Freaking out a bit...

Hello,
    Although you should definitely get this checked out by a doctor, this sounds like hemorrhoids....especially since you said that you were straining. hemorrhoids aren't usually a big deal. Try to change your diet to soften up your stools a bit and drink lots of water. And try not to strain when you go to the bathroom.

I have the same problem at the minute, it's alarming to see but it's probably just haemorroids. Best thing to do is try some kind of insoluble gentle fibre supplement (I get Regucol from Holland and Barrett), it helps create a barrier between your stomach and potential irritants from food, especially if you're stressed this can be heightened and it also helps you go to the toilet and do a complete bowel movement, it's great stuff. When I went to the Drs, he just asked what kinds of blood, if it's bright red it's not normally serious but you will need to do a stool test, mine came back fine Hope this helps.

Yep, I have this and it's piles (haemorroids). Eat more dried fruit - figs, dates, prunes. That way you won't need to strain, so they won't pop out and burst.

It's really not serious at all, but it can become uncomfortable if it gets worse. It's good you've identified it now because it means you can change your diet to stop them from getting bigger. The more you strain, the more they pop out. You're not going to die from it.

Sometimes I have a little bit of blood, and sometimes it's a whole lot - that's when one bit has popped. The piles are basically little pods of blood. Usually they line the inside of your bowel, but if you strain, you make them come out of your hole. They can go back in of their own accord. If you strain too much, they burst.

Sometimes it's not possible to poo without straining - so that's why you need to eat the right food that will make your poo a better consistency.

Thread Information