Thread: head, neck and shoulder tightness, pain etc.. help?

Unhappy head, neck and shoulder tightness, pain etc.. help?

Hey everyone, i'm having a very tough time at the moment. I ended up being taken into hospital at the early hours of this morning with crippling stomach and back pain. I had every test going my bloods done, all fine, white blood cells are fine, urine sample fine, I also had an ultra sound scan on my kidney, and the other side that hurt and also the baldder and everything is fine and in working order. The pain i've been getting in my back and stomach is apparently related to extreme IBS pain which shocked me because it's never been that bad . EVER.

So anyways, as well, I was complaining of the back of my head being really heavy. Like, someone is pushing down on it it's making me have tingly pain up the back of my head all pain down my neck and across my shoulders. There's no position I can get in which will make it better. So of course I complained about it and the nurse didn't seem at all phased by it. She said I haven't had an injury. But now i'm back home i'm thinking the worst because there's pressure and i'm thinking oh my god, what if it's something to do with my brain. It's horrible. Also, i've been being sick. The nurse thinks it could be all of the painkillers i'm taking (because I had an operation last week) but part of me thinks it's from all this pressure and pain.

What I want to know has anyone experienced this pain and is it more than likely anxiety? Because my levels of anxiety have been through the roof to the point i've just been shaking because i'm that scared and having heart pain and what not..

so yeah, anyone..?

Re: head, neck and shoulder tightness, pain etc.. help?

Hey hun hope ha ok anxiety can make things a hole lot worse and with your operation u had aswell your probobaly really run down concentrate on getting yaself better hun xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    Hey hun hope ha ok anxiety can make things a hole lot worse and with your operation u had aswell your probobaly really run down concentrate on getting yaself better hun xx
    Oh Beckie, I've been awful. I've never experienced anything like this. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible but it's so hard and I keep getting frightened again. Especially if I'm sick :( and this pain a pressure is the worst thing.Thank you for your concern xx

Try not to worry hun always here if u wana pm me Hun I'm goin thro it at mo my legs been aching for about a week. Well it feels like my bum cheek lol that's aching and going down my leg I dunno u no me worrying about this now :( it's hard work and a struggle on a daily basis :( hang in there your fine xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    Try not to worry hun always here if u wana pm me Hun I'm goin thro it at mo my legs been aching for about a week. Well it feels like my bum cheek lol that's aching and going down my leg I dunno u no me worrying about this now :( it's hard work and a struggle on a daily basis :( hang in there your fine xx
    Thank you! I'm trying my best but it's so hard. I just want it to be all over :( xx

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Anyone ever had this????

I get that a lot, due to nerve irritation in my neck. Put a heat pack on your neck if you have one or take a long hot shower to relax the muscles and then, when they're loose, gently stretch your neck, roll your shoulders (big rolls) and move your neck around. Try and keep good posture when you're sitting through the day. If it's worse after you sleep, use only one pillow. Roll up a normal-sized towel and slide it in your pillow case so that your neck rests on it. Hopefully some of this helps you.

Thread Information