Thread: im at it again with DVT worries.

im at it again with DVT worries.

I'm stressing again about a new pain, I was fine monday morning and then monday night I stood up and got this buckling sharp pain in my right knee around the right back side of it.

I went to bed, woke up this morning killing me, got my feet up relaxing, pain killers, deep heat spray to help and nothing is helping it. Google again, said either DVT or something called bakers cyst... saying it can lead to DVT, I'm getting chest pains worrying about it and everything... don't wanna go to the doctors for it either as if i'm honest I can barely walk on it... + I'm a carer so I put enough strain on it to start with helping move my mam around.

today it hasn't got any better.... so I started looking at cramp knee and high calf, got one decent result which was possibly pulled my hamstring... and then the rest literally every other result was DVT / Blood Clot -.- now I've had my scare with a DVT before... Same leg, around christmas this year I booted a chair really hard and had a massive bruise...

Had pain there for about a month 'ish' only really went away last month... but now with this pain... it seems like it could be a DVT and I'm stressing... One way I don't wanna die is PE........

Re: im at it again with DVT worries.

Instead of making an appointment with the Doctor, you could always go to a walk-in entre?

I've had a DVT scare before now. As it turns out, the alignment of my right leg/ankle isn't perfectly straight, and sometimes walking too much on it on certain inclinations or materials will set it off. While I do take the pill - a known cause-increasing for clots in general - I take the mini-one which does not contain the ingredient that is most to blame. That, and I know that I keep my risk significantly lessened by being active for 8+ hours a day, not smoking, being under 35 and not overweight as well as having a healthy blood pressure.

To help calm my anxiety, I logically work through things. I also know - abet vaguely - of what to look for regarding a clot, so were I ever to get leg pain, I can talk myself out of it!

There is, if you get really worried and need someone to talk to about it, the 111 number. When my mother had a panic attack that gave her heart-attack like symptoms, Dad rang 111 and they told him to get her to 999 asap. Sure, it was a false alarm in the sense of anything serious, but they have the knowledge and training to know what to look for and what to do. I'm sure that they're rather you go to them for nothing, than put it off and have it be anything damaging. After all, just because it is not a DVT, does not mean that it might not be something that you could be unintentionally aggravating or making worse.

I'm done to be honest... really getting to me, I have ibs, I sat on the loo for about 25-30 mins, stood up a couple of times because my legs kept going numb, so I stood up and the pain in my knee was gone, still is... and now I have like cramp in the right side of my right thigh..... absolutely convinced its a clot... I'm quite sedentry, I don't sit, but I lie a lot, but I'm up and about most days doing daily things, helping my mam to the toilet etc etc, I'm overweight and have normal blood pressure normal cholestorol... with the pain in the knee being less painful than it was before and now cramp in the calf... as above... I'm now convinced its dvt... and all you hear about people with dvt's are Pulmonary Embolisms and instant death... even googling it... ays chances are you 'll die

Ok, stop. You are allowing very very mundane symptoms drive you crazy. I understand you may have a tendency to do this due to your anxiety but absolutely everyone has experienced some form of pain in the legs etc. Your legs are hard working parts of your body that store some of the biggest and most powerful muscles you have. I've had dozens of issues with strained muscles and things of that nature. Do not google your symptoms. See a doctor if you're worried but you'll probably find yourself at a physiotherapist rather than in some kind of emergency operating theatre.

JUST - effectively last week started CBT (was a get to know me session) so yeah I am , also the thigh pain has gone and knee is killing me :s so yeah :\ its my knee, I think its a hammy.... but feels too bad to be a hammy... :\

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

also* to the above comment, I do realise you said PHYSIO not psycho :P

Hi,
    Hope this helps.

I have had DVT so imagine the fear that wentt hrough me when exactly the same thing happened a few months ago, the crippling stabbing pain behind my knee that last approximately 2-3 seconds and then totally disappeared as if nothing happened! Then might come back in a few minutes or an hour later - again for 2-3 seconds. I took myself to the doctor who did an ultrasound and told me there was nothing wrong but tha I had muscle spasm.

Did a bit of research and found a few interesting things. One was dehydration - I live in the Middle East, had just returned from a trip to my home country and chances were I was dehydrated. Now if I get a twinge, it reminds me i need water. The other thing I read up on was lack of magnesium. Again, another common problem here in the Middle East due to the water. So I started magnesium supplements. They worked wonders. Felt so much better. I took the capsules and also the spray. The spray is best.

Def try the water ansd magnesium!!

Thread Information