Thread: Am I feeling numb from Mirtazipine or from a recent RTC?

Question Am I feeling numb from Mirtazipine or from a recent RTC?

I've been on 20mg citalopram for 6 months which was working brilliantly for my anxiety but badly effecting my sleep. My doc prescribed 15mg Mirtazipine a week ago to take at night as well as the cit to combat this.

The problem is I was involved in an RTC (as a pedestrian) the same day I started taking the Mirtazipine. I wasn't seriously hurt (cuts, bruises, ligament damage) but I feel really disconnected and numb. I haven't even cried since the accident.

Can anyone help me shed light on if this is a side effect of the Mirtazipine or just the emotional effect the accident? I appreciate it's an odd situation that most probably haven't been in but I'd really appreciate any advice!

Re: Am I feeling numb from Mirtazipine or from a recent RTC?

No-one can say for sure, but I would put it as a high likelihood from the RTC and a low likelihood from mirtazapine. Any accident which could potentially cause serious injury or worse causes an emotional shock, even if physical injury is minor. I still remember events like this from decades ago, even when they didn't affect me directly. If all goes well, you will come to terms with it emotionally, but it may take some time.

Thread Information