Thread: unequal pupils in the morning ???

unequal pupils in the morning ???

anyone else here experienced unequal pupils my docs always ingore it and say am fine as my eyes constrict etc, but when wake up my right pupil bigger then my left, sure got anxiety but got no trouble walking etc just scaring the hell out of me and triggering my anxiety, suppose be going back to work finally and now am going backwards, thanks and hope to hear some positive things that am not alone x

Re: unequal pupils in the morning ???

If your vision is ok, then I really wouldn't worry.

If you are worried, however:

Book yourself in for an eye test at Specsavers, or similar. They will look at your eyes more thoroughly during the examination than the doc would. Mainly as they have the fancier equipment. Make sure to tell them of your concerns beforehand, so they have a proper look around.

Think it's about £20-30 or so.

I made a post about this about 2 and half a years ago and I still get uneven pupil size to this day: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119916

As JMA said you could get an eye test. I think you can actually get them free from many places if you look for a voucher on the internet. Although even if you have uneven pupil size they don't seem to pay much attention as long as they react to light.

Have you been on any antidepressants by any chance? Im sure my uneven pupil size coincided with when I went on to anti depressants. I am off them now but they have not returned to normal although they are nowhere near as uneven as before.

hey guys thanks for your reply's it appreciated

ive had my eyes done and there perfectly fine just a lazy eye as usual its only something ive taken note off scine anxiety shown it face, i get scarred that things are also flickering, eye floaters, fully dilated and somethimes i feel like am looking threw the world threw frosted glass, although i can see fine that how i can describe it

in last 5 months ive had more drugs in my lifetime then i ever have

sertarline 50mg ( when i noticed uneven )

had too stop this it too simulating and making me sit in weird places and put me extremely on edge

propanadol - hate it made me dizzy and hallucinate if i had it too late at night as my heart would drop seriously low and make me freak

mirtazapine 15mg - wonderful stopped my derealization, just too sedating i feel shattered all the time ! like fatigue like mad am weaving off

Diazepam 2mg - 5mg - 10mg

beautiful drug as bad as that sounds it like a life saver, stopped many of my symptons but even sometimes like today i feel like a shaking or vibrating but am guessing that from taking only half dose of mirtazapine so maybe slight withdrawal

Venlafaxine 75mg ( about to start but chickened out this morning )

sometimes Codiene 500mg/30g
    i sometimes get really bad migraines but depends on how long i been worrying normally it bad and i never relax 24/7 because of it

i duno i used thing i had a brain tumour all the time but alot the headaches etc all stopped now as i relax my shoulders, am just sick of waking up thinking mmmmm whats today going to bring or sometimes i wake up feeling like am vibrating it horrible, then am ruined for rest the day, the fatigue been nothing today compared to usual it seemed to died down abit now cut down mirtazapine, but the one thing i cant stand is these uneven pupils because it bad enough feeling like your shaking going mad etc without adding neurological worrys aswell sorry too ramble on

hello, are your pupils now ok? or it remains the same? i am experiencing now same story...one pupil bigger only in the morning (sometines also in the evening)

I have this too, noticed it a few years ago. I asked my optician on my last check up and she said a third of the population have one pupil bigger than the other so I've stopped worrying!

Thread Information